The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 AM

edw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pike/Musky Fly Swap

I am new to the forum and this sounds like fun but I think I am a little too late this time as I am just now, 8/31/11, reading about the swap. Love to jump in next time.
Ed
Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I screwed up, no excuses.

I'll be a couple days late.

Sorry.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the late response-- just got the power back after the hurricane.

Excellent Eric, I'll send you a PM and will update this thread when they get here
Old 09-01-2011, 12:01 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Good to see you back, Mark. Hope all is returning to normal on your end!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Strikers out today!!!

Will post recipe later...

Peregrines.........you guys got it even worse than us. Glad your ok and all is well.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys-- things are starting to dry out around here.

Ed-- we run swaps all year long-- in fact we'll probably run more as the weather gets colder, so feel free to jump in on any that appeal to you- the swaps are always open to all regardless of tying experience.

By the way that looks like a monster in your avatar, I'm sure there's a great story there---
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM

edw is on a distinguished road

That fish was 48 by 23 . I saw this fish at least 10 trips before he hit. That's probably the upper limit of our fish out in Washington but my average this year is 37" which is pretty good anywhere.
Ed
Old 09-21-2011, 10:05 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hey Ed-is that a Tiger Musky you hold in your avatar? I wanted desperately to have a go at them when I was in my home state last summer. Where are you from as I have a brother living in Grand Coulee, and aunts and cousins all over the northwest?
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:05 PM

Flies from Brent (Aroostockbasser) came in the mail yesterday so it looks like a wrap. I'll take pics and mail flies out to everyone in the next day or so.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Guys,

Mark has to wait just another day or so for my flies. He should have them Wed.

I want to apologize to all or you for taking so long on this swap. Unlike Brent (aroostookbasser) I have no good excuse like the worst flooding in decades on top of USPS incompetency.

I simply waited to long, found out I was in above my head and almost let myself fail.

I had planned on just tying a large "High Tie" EP Minnow. I have tied small versions of this before. Late in the game I started and found that I did not like them when tied as big as I wanted. So I looked for other patterns and found one I liked.

I thought I had enough materials but came up way short and had so send off for more, then tying ime got hard to come by, etc, etc...

Regardless, this was my fault. I learned my lesson. I won't go into one of these again without KNOWING what I am promising.

Again, I'm sorry.