The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough
Default Popper swap anyone?

So, I have been wanting to try and make some poppers for panfish/bass but I have not found the motivation to try it out. Would anyone be interested in a popper swap? I would imagine that alot of us buy instead of make these little beauties and this may give us the nudging we need to try and make our own.

What do you guys think?

-Forrest
Old 09-05-2011, 10:58 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Popper swap anyone?

Shoot peregrines a PM about a potential swap, as he is the fly swap master here. I don't know standard protocol but there may be a bit of a pause simply because two swaps are just now coming to a close. I would be absolutely interested in a bass popper swap, but I need to get access to a vise first, so when the paycheck comes in I might be a yes to this one

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-05-2011, 12:31 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes here. I know that Mark is the swapmiester for this forum. I was just probing to see if there was any interest in the idea. Of course the swap would be coordinated through Mark if there is interest in the idea and he was willing to take it on.

-Forrest
Old 09-05-2011, 01:28 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Well, I'm going to say I'm a tentative yes I'm sure there are others who would be interested as well!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I'd get in a popper swap, too. Should be easy to fit in around dove season, quail opener, early deer and youth duck.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Forrest, no problem good suggestion. It looks like we have some interest, so I'll start a thread.