The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Popper Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I actually used to practice casting while ice fishing for Pike in the Spring. I generally drill twice as many holes than I have tip-ups for so I can move them around in case I find a 'stink hole'. Then while I'm waiting for flags I cast at the empty holes. That way when Spring does get here I don't have to knock the rust off while I'm actually fishing. I haven't done that in the last few years, but I think I will this year. I've already been casting yarn out in the snow. Working on my casting stroke. 9:00 3:00 with the late rotation and late haul. I blame my Canadian friend.
Dan: Interesting way to get in some casting practice. I might try that this year, my girlfriend likes to ice fish so we will probably get out later this winter. They have been having a weird winter so far and the lake she normally fishes on hasn't completely frozen over yet.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
... Working on my casting stroke. 9:00 3:00 with the late rotation and late haul. I blame my Canadian friend.
He's got you on a mission huh? I cast that way sometimes, when I'm trying to carry a little more line or depending on how the wind is blowing but it gets pretty tricky. Your timing has to be spot on or the line will crash.

I'm pretty far back on this one...
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 PM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Guys, These are some awsome looking poppers! I can't wait to get out there and give them a go. Larry....is that thing big enough!?!?!? LOL! I know just the spot I'll be throwing that one. There's a big sunken log in a stretch I fish often that has a real pig living behind it. I've had her come out to look a few times but never been able to get her to eat. I'm thinking gargantupopper may be just the ticket. When they get that big they tend to get a little lazy, so a mouthful may be just what she's been waiting for. Thanks for letting me be part of this swap. It was my first, but I'm signed up in 2 more. Let the good times roll!

Stan
Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine showed up today. Awsome flies guys. I can't wait till Spring. I assume the rest of you have yours to, because mail comes here on horseback still. At least it seems that way.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I haven't seen mine yet, strangely enough! I'm not too far from Mark either.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Received mine in the mail yesterday, great looking poppers everyone. I can't wait to get them wet this summer. I have the perfect spot to try these bad boys out!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Mine came in too. Thank you Mark for doing the swap meister role. These flies ought to catch some fish this spring!