The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis
Default Foam swap

Okay, who is in. Any fly. You choose. You must use foam in at least some of the construction of the fly.

I will be tying an extended body salmon fly.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:09 AM

ffjones will become famous soon enoughffjones will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Foam swap

i just hosted this same swap on an other forum, if southfork is on this you need to get him and have him tie up some foam wings.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Chris Hewett will become famous soon enoughChris Hewett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Okay, who is in. Any fly.
I'm dying. I would really like to get in on this one but my tying box is in "temporary" storage. It's been a long winter. Sorry.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:43 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Curtis, would that Para-Caddis I sent you count? If you look carefully, there is a little foam I use it for the post..
Old 03-22-2005, 04:55 PM

ctrose will become famous soon enoughctrose will become famous soon enough

I'm in.. some type of twisted foam hopper or damsel adult or maybe a katydid.

When will they be due?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrose
I'm in.. some type of twisted foam hopper or damsel adult or maybe a katydid.

When will they be due?
Well, since we are the only two that seem interested, this might not go. Let's see if more jump in.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'm in. Should it be a trout fly though? I've just developed a cool looking bass/redfish fly I'm calling The Alien. I'll know how it works on reds in a few days.

I could easily tie up some trouty stuff too though. My wife is a teacher and she has been picking up quite a nice selection of foam for me in her painfully unreimbursed trips to the craft stores.

(can I get some props for using two freshly invented words? "trouty" and "unreimbursed") (best new one I've developed is "irrational franticity", used to describe those who are constantly freaking out without any real need to be)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:27 PM

Gordon Bryson will become famous soon enoughGordon Bryson will become famous soon enough

Cliff, if the swap doesn't get too large, I'd like to get in. By the way, Richard Komar has an article in FAOL this week on the Alien. Who's first? Or are you working together on the fly? Just wondering. Back to the swap, if you get a half dozen or so would work well.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:01 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff
I'm in. Should it be a trout fly though? I've just developed a cool looking bass/redfish fly I'm calling The Alien. I'll know how it works on reds in a few days.

I could easily tie up some trouty stuff too though. My wife is a teacher and she has been picking up quite a nice selection of foam for me in her painfully unreimbursed trips to the craft stores.

(can I get some props for using two freshly invented words? "trouty" and "unreimbursed") (best new one I've developed is "irrational franticity", used to describe those who are constantly freaking out without any real need to be)
This Alien?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Not the same at all. Mine is a streamer/diver pattern with one of rainy's popper heads up front. Its mostly chartreuse and when I drew the eyes on the head they were inadverterntly elliptical. It reminded me of the drawings you see of aliens with the upside-down pear shaped head and the huge black eyes. Thats why I chose the name for mine.

I just remembered that Richard Komar also lives in the D/FW metromess, so I could see how you might think collaboration was involved. I don't believe I've ever even met the guy, although its very possible he came into Bass Amateur while I was working there.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.