The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Lakes Steelhead Swap

Winter is fast approaching, which for some on the forum means snow, sleet, frostbite, pneumonia and steelhead. -- Thanks to Gatortransplant for the suggestion!

Any Steelhead fly, especially patterns for winter steelhead in the Great Lakes tribs are good for this swap. In order to encourage new tyers, easier to tie patterns like Eggs, Sucker Spawn, are acceptable for this swap, as are traditional western patterns, tubes etc. (Like the last 2 years, we'll run a another Atlantic/Pacific Salmon and Steelhead Fly Swap after the New Year that will exclude egg patterns.)

Because the holidays are approaching how about a due date of Jan 31, 2012?
1. s. fontinalis - Robinson's Chicken Hawk RECEIVED
2. Gatortrasnsplant - Steelhead Hammer RECEIVED
3. Famill00 - Egg Sucking Leech - RECEIVED
4. HuronRiverDan - TBD
5. Steelhead Junkie - Egg Sucking Leech
6. Peregrines - Something to bounce and something to swing (1 of each)

Last edited by peregrines; 03-03-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead Swap

also in....

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent, this will be a fun one.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future

i sure hope so. Maybe i get another big articulated beast tied up....but maybe i'll go a bit less crazy

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-26-2011, 02:29 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm undecided on whether I want to tie up my so-called "Ellicott Special". I want to fish it a bit more before I curse anyone to a one-fish fly. However, I'm in.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I'm undecided on whether I want to tie up my so-called "Ellicott Special". I want to fish it a bit more before I curse anyone to a one-fish fly. However, I'm in.

Great idea. I really like that fly. Will you do a step by step if you can get the time? Or at least send me the materials list. I"m hitting Steelhead water in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind assisting you testing of this fly if i can get a couple tied up.

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 10-26-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:54 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'll do a step-by-step, but I can also just send you some if you'd like I got to campus early today thinking I had to do something which I didn't so I threw a few casts with a newly tied E.S. I lost it to a snag, but before then I got to see it running in the water and I really like it. Let's just hope the steelhead continue to like it as well.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

I'm in! Pattern TBD.

-Forrest
Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM

I'll tie Robinson's Chicken Hawk

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Great Forrest (Famill00) glad to have you in on this one.

Eunan-- Robinson's Chicken Hawk-- it's got to be a killer pattern with name like that-- looking forward to seeing it.