The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winged Wet Fly Swap

Here's a swap for folks that like to tie and fish wet flies.

Any winged wet fly-- traditional or new fangled patterns, natural or synthetic materials, mayfly or caddis imitations, and/or attractor patterns are good for this swap.

Due Date Jan 30, 2012

1. S. fontinalis - Alexandra RECEIVED
2. Gatortransplant - Christmas Flymph RECEIVED
3. Liphookedau - Coachman Variant RECEIVED
4. Wovenstonefly - The Butcher RECEIVED
5. Mudbug - Dark Cahill RECEIVED
6. dean_mt LaFontaine Diving Caddis RECEIVED
7. Famill00- Diving Caddis RECEIVED
8. tbiii - Queen of the Waters RECEIVED
9. Flytyer123 - Tellico Flymph
10. Dave5977 - Leadwing Coachman RECEIVED
11. Pocono - March Brown - out
12. drlaser- custom pattern RECEIVED
13. peregrines- TBD

Last edited by peregrines; 03-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:05 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Winged Wet Fly Swap

In, i'll tie Alexandra's

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent, that's a beautiful pattern. Glad to have you in this one!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'll jump in here Mark, but I need to pick a pattern. I'll get back to you on that part.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Mark.
I would like to join,at this stage I'm going through my boxes to see which materials I have or need before I advise the pattern I will Tie,as I might have to take the gun for a walk to acquire some needed materials.
As I read it the winging materials are fairly open however Deer Hair would be excluded as the Fly would fall into The Dry Fly Catagory.
Brian
Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM

AJ and Brian glad to have you both in this swap.

Brian-- any winged wet fly would be good for this one-- (excluding nymphs and streamers). Some caddis pupae patterns like the Lafontaine's Emergent Sparkle Pupa use deer hair for a sparse wing but are designed to be fished subsurface, so if you have a favorite wet pattern with deer hair wings that would be fine.

By the way Brian, since you're in Australia, don't worry about return postage-- since the US postal service won't honor stamps from Oz, my local bank doesn't cash foreign checks and getting US currency would be a pain I'll just pic up the return postage (it's cheap).
Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

This sounds like fun. I'll jump in. Probably tie the butcher or a black and orange... or just make it up as I go. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I'm in for a Dark Cahill.

Last edited by mudbug; 10-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:09 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I am considering this...I'm such a sucker for swaps! And I love tying wets even though I don't fished the winged variety much...

Alright, I'll do it!

Put me down for a LaFontaine Diving Caddis, Mark.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:10 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

I will go in. I will need to do some research to find a pattern.

-Forrest