The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:26 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midge Swap #2 for those that didn't get in the 1st one

Is there an estimated due date for these? It's gonna be a busy couple weeks, but I'm interested.

I don't know if this is technically a midge, but it's something I like tying. If it looks like it'll work I'll be in. I'll tie them in 20's (and a bit more cleaned up) either weighted or unweighted.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

I'm interested, pm me with the details
Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
I don't know if this is technically a midge
Looks pretty midgey to me

I think I have decided to tie up some glass bead chromies for this swap. I will tie them a little tighter then the photo, I didn't notice the loose wraps in the tail until I posted the pics.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:48 PM

dadalo is on a distinguished road

I'd like to join in on this one - although I haven't selected a fly yet.

dadalo
Old 12-23-2011, 08:01 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I'm gonna plunk for Al's Rat size 20 if i get in on this one again.
All the proposals look great so far.
The midges are definitely bringing out great examples of tying.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great folks -- you're all in, including everyone on the wait list

Dadalo-- welcome to the forum, glad you found us and jumped in on this swap.

willamhj- that looks very midge like to me too--

Kayo- here's a sticky that explains how the fly swaps work: Fly Swap Guidelines

All- let's give it a few more days to see who else jumps in (2 more places open). I know folks will be anxious to fish these this winter, and hopefully they shouldn't be too difficult to tie-- so hopefully we can have quick turnaround on this one.

Let me know what you think of a due date of Jan 30 2012 or if that's too soon how about Feb 10, 2012?

Number of votes decides it....

I'll send my address to everyone in the swap via PM next week. If we fill up and get 13 swappers then if everyone ties 12 flies, you'll each get 12 flies back (1 from each of the other tyers). ( In the event someone drops out or we get less than 13 tyers in the swap, I'll divide the flies up evenly so everyone gets 12 flies back (1 from each of the other tyers plus however many randomly selected duplicates needed to get to 12 flies).

As always I'll send folks a PM when their flies arrive so you'll know they made it and will update this swap thread when flies from you are received, and will post pics and recipes after the swap is completed.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:13 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Thanks Mark

I'll be tying the Olive WD-40 Biot Midge #18

chuck

Last edited by kayo; 12-26-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Mark,

I'll take the 12th slot - if it's still open......

If you're still open, then Feb 10th works fo me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoops - if I'd read your first post carefully, I would have found myself already on the list - thanks Mark!

Pocono
Old 12-24-2011, 08:08 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

I'll jump in on the 13th spot if its still open and Feb.10 is great for me. I'll tie a Mosqueto Larva..
Old 12-24-2011, 04:55 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

An alternative could be the following

Thread black
Black goose biot
Red brassie wire
peacock herl thorax
Tail and gills: cream rooster hackle
Click the image to open in full size.