The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Midge Swap #2 for those that didn't get in the 1st one

Our Midge swap filled up really fast and it seems like there were a lot of folks that would have liked to participate but it filled up before they could get their names in... So...

How about another Midge Swap, with preference given to folks that got shut out of our last one?

For this one since we have 14 swappers please tie up 13 flies instead of the usual 12 -- that way everyone will get back 13 flies ( one from each of the other tyers)

Due date Feb 10, 2012....

1. Webrx - Rainbow Glass Bead Chromie - RECEIVED
2. Pocono - Copperhead Midge RECEIVED
3. La_jolla1 - Gray Duster Variant #20 RECEIVED
4. williamhj - RECEIVED
5. kayo - Biot Midge size 18 RECEIVED
6. dadalo
7. Famil00 - Marc-O-Midges #22 RECEIVED
8. s fontinalis - Al's Rat size 20 - RECEIVED
9. gatortransplant Blue Joni's Midge RECEIVED
10. Darwin - Black KF Emereger #20 - RECEIVED
11. Mcnerney - Iceman Midge Pupa - RECEIVED
12. Stimulator2 - Mosquito Pupa RECEIVED
13. Mudbug RECEIVED
14. Laurie - RECEIVED

(Everyone on the wait list of folks in the 1st midge swap that wanted to be in this one too are in.)

Last edited by peregrines; 03-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Midge Swap #2 for those that didn't get in the 1st one

Mark, I will play again! Size 20 zebra midge this time.

-Forrest
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

if spaces need filled after the shut out folks get in on this one let me know and ill play too.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Include me in

#20 grey duster variant

Hugh
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Mark, I'll take a back-up slot as well. I promise I'll make the deadline this time too

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

I wanna play again if there is room after the others get in
Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great guys, so far we have 3 that got locked out of the 1st midge swap-- and a bunch for the 1st midge swap that want in on this one too-- (let's give other folks a few more days to sign up then we'll fill it up from the wait list).
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for doing a second one Mark, I will tie one of these, I don't really care which, so whatever everyone else ties, I can do something different, or you all can pick the one I tie. I don't tie real fancy ones, and only tie a few named ones, but they all work. I am partial to the black tungsten beads (but I have 13 left that will fit a size 16 hook so just enough), or the rainbow glass bead heads (these have to be a little bigger because of the bead size I think I can tie in 14 but will double check)

Click the image to open in full size.

Chromie (red wire), Chromie (gold wire), Red with Silver with gills, red with silver tan wing, red headed zebra, zebra with tan wing, brown and gold with glass bead head, brown and gold with no bead.

Or I could do one of these for this swap

Glass Bead Chromie
d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Last edited by webrx; 12-21-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Started tying a few last night.....

#20 dai-riki
Whiting silver badger hackle
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: Put me on the wait list also! I love tying midges and it's even better fishing them.

Larry