The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Nymph Swap Winter 2012

I'm behind too, i've 2 of 12 tied, but will definitely meet the deadline, along with my dry flies.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-17-2012, 02:17 PM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Well, I'm gettin close...
what is there like 9 in the picture?
3 To go.
Stan
Click the image to open in full size.
futuramille likes this.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

all tied up, actually I had to tie 14 cuz the first two I wrapped the wire over the back wing. pretty sure this would make the fly a little more durable, but, not sure if this will affect the flies effectiveness or not, but, since I have not tried it yet, I went back to the original that I know works.

The SBS is here: Mallard and Peacock Nymph SBS

I fish this either on a sinking line or on a floating line generally down about 2 to 4 feet. When fishing, impart a little action to it, i.e. from your tube or boat, or shore, cast it out, let it sink a little and then bring it back in a couple 2 inch strips at a time, followed by a couple second pause. I like to also fish it right at the edges of weed beds where they drop off to deeper water. This fly works during both damsel and baetis hatches.

I'll make some tags and get these in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

d
futuramille likes this.

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:42 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Here's one of my 12, done and ready to go with my dries later this week.

futuramille likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I've got about half done but no problem meeting the deadline.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately I haven't started to tie either The Nymphs or The Dries as I've been interstate where all the Floods have been,what a mess,helping to muster a mate's cattle among the Mozzies & Sandflies in heat ranging from 38 to 41 C,so I am pretty burnt & covered in bites.
Hopefully I can complete them in the next week so I can get them away.
Brian.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Mine are on the way, sent this afternoon. 13 of these;
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Bead head Midge
Hook- #14 Daiichi 1720
Body- 140 denier Olive Ultra Thread
Rib- 34 Gauge gold wire
Thorax- Peacock herl
Thread- 8/0 Lt. Olive UNI-Thread
Bead- Red glass craft bead

P.S. If anyone knows an actual name for this bug, please reply.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

It looks like Garcia's Rojo midge tied on a nymph hook.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Thanks AJ. I almost called it "Page 29" which is where I saw it in a FF magazine.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Mine are in the mail.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.