The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nymph Swap Winter 2012

#16 ISO

Tail - peacock tips (six of the thirteen flies have pheasant flank but I finished with the peacock because I liked it better)
body - first a layer of black rubber strand
second, palmered ostrich (dark brown) trimmed top and bottom
third, purple flash strand up the back for the stripe
fourth, brown wire rib
thorax - peacock herl
wing case - black raffia with a continued purple flash strand for the stripe
legs - tan mallard flank
bead - gun metal colored brass

Click the image to open in full size.
peregrines likes this.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

No problem Brian0-- sorry to hear about your elbow--

Jonathan-- great looking Iso's
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Thanks Mark.
I was Branding a Calf & was kicked on the Elbow,then a few days later I was Night Fishing actually a thousand miles away at home,not looking where I was going as everthing was slippery after all the Rain we are having & had a tumble,would yoiu believe I landed on The same Elbow.

Jonathon,I like your Iso's as well beaut Little Pattern.
Brian
Old 03-04-2012, 12:09 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Thanks for the kudos guys. I tried several different ways to do the gills along the body. this one is easier but doesn't look as good as two seperate ostrich hurls up each side, that was alot harder though...especially keeping them along the side and not rolling up and out of place as I ribbed with the wire. I barrowed elements from several different patterns/techniques and this is what I think works the best. The ones I fish dont usually have the gills but I've caught several with the gills on as well. I think the stripe up the back is the biggest trigger.

We've got some great ties in this swap. I'm looking forward to getting my set and getting a closer look at them all.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Nymphs from Jonathan (Futuramille) and Stan (Smalliesrule) are in.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Mark.
The Flies shouldn't be too far away,depending on how fast The Plane is,hopefully it doesn't break down as it's quite common these days.

Sorry Guys for my Error with The Dries Swap as I hadn't checked The Due Date,however I had hoped to make The Nymph deadline,also The Brook Trout Flies will be real early,so at least I know I have one thing right.

I have pointed out to Mark unfortunately these will probably be my last swaps,as a Surcharge of $7-$9 has been added to the Shipping to pay for The Screening Costs of each parcel going into The US,in realitly $10.50 to send 3 Dozen Flies is ridicuious whereas I can import a Fly Reel for $10-$12 .
Cheers.
Brian.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 PM

Brian LiphopokedAu)-- Your flies for the 3 swaps came in yesterday's mail- greta looking flies as usual.

I spoke to folks at out local post office and they didn't know anything about a surcharge-- is this charge for screening packages imposed by Oz or the US ?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM

smalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura aboutsmalliesrule has a spectacular aura about

Sooooo.......where are we on this one? Fish are eagerly awaiting some high sticked nymphs!

Stan
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Mine are in, just not marked yet on the front page

Addicted To Vise
Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I shipped mine Monday so he should have them today or tomorrow. I completely forgot about this one till I saw it while checking on another swap a week ago.

I didn't tie the Hellgramite though since I was never able to get it right, so instead I tied up a bunch of Crimson Sparkle PTN's.