The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brook Trout Fly Swap, Spring 29012

I am currently causing some serious delays :/ I unfortunately had to leave all my tying supplies in Florida and am having them all shipped back to me. I should be finishing for the swaps within the next two weeks but my apologies for causing delays! Don't know if I'm the only one Sorry guys!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Due Date is May 1, 2012

I will send out a PM with my address etc to all

1. Aroostookbasser - Olive Scud
2. Fire instructor - Bead Head Pheasant Tail Nymph RECEIVED
3. Famill00 San Juan Worm RECEIVED
4. Crazyfish13 - Bead Head Green Weenie RECEIVED
5. trout2234 Bead Head Pink Squirrel
6. dsmith1437 Prince Nymph RECEIVED
7. Mcnerney Black and Red Ants RECEIVED
8. kayo- PMD Para Emerger RECEIVED
9. Dave5977 - TBD
10. Liphookedau- Trude style Grizzly King wet RECEIVED
11. Popperfly - Hare's Ear Nymph RECEIVED
12. Frostylemonade - Foam Beetle RECEIVED
13. Gatortransplant

Mark,

Has the list been updated lately?

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all

What is holding up the swaps these days? The “Brook Trout” swap was due on May 1, 2012 and still nothing. I have invested time and money to make sure my flies are done on time and sent to the SM by the due date along with others that have their flies sent into the SM. Come on guys It's pretty simple and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.....If you don't have time to fulfill your commitment to get the flies to the SM on time then DONT join the swaps! And furthermore the due date is the date that the flies have to be in the SM's hands...NOT the date that the flies need to be in the mail. So if it takes 2 weeks transit for your flies to arrive then make sure you mail them at least 2 weeks before the deadline.
Another problem is there are guys that spend extra money to next day air their flies so they arrive by the due date and then the swap ends up being extended by weeks and months because of a number of swappers that still don't have their flies to the SM on time, so that guy that spent the extra $5/10 to get his flies to the SM on time is just screwed because of the other late swappers. I guess if this continues to be the norm for all swaps, I just won’t join in because this is getting to be ridiculous. I am mainly doing this for the fun and fellowship with guys on FFFNA, nothing more.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM

dsmith1427 is on a distinguished road

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks to all that participated. I'm looking forward to using them.

Don
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

What an AMAZING collection of flies that came in the mail today!!!! Can't wait to get out and use them!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 06-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Hey Mark, received my flies today thanks again and great ties everyone they look good.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Mark, are you going to post pictures of the flies?