The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater Streamer Fly Swap, Spring 2012

Mine went out in the mail today . Good to see we have a new guy. Hope to see some more.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 AM

chefben4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for having me! Looking forward to sharing my ties with you guys.

Edit: Decided on my pattern. I will be doing a soft hackle streamer (Jack Gartside pattern).

Last edited by chefben4; 03-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 PM

chefben4 is on a distinguished road

Changed my mind.. Didnt like the quality of marabou I got for the soft hackle streamers. I will be doing Borski's Green Zima. Great all around pattern
Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Good news! The post office found my lost flys. As I walked in the door of the post office my friend the post master was standing waiting for me at the door with a package for me. He said I think you'll be happy to see these. My lost flys for the saltwater streamer swap and the $2 and all the original contents still intact. Was really happy cause I was running out of the hackle I needed to complete a second set(tied 7).
I'll be reshipping these tomorrow.
Nice to have good news!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent boz- I'll send you a PM when they get here.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM

In the mail. Again!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Posted these in the general tying thread, but here are my saltwater streamers, Rick Grassett's Snook Minnow:
Click the image to open in full size.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

AJ- they look yummy

John (theboz)- got em, nice job.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

when are you going for tarpon AJ?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

As soon as I get to Florida, which will be around the middle of May.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...