The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/)
-   -   Re/Beetle Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/252616-re-beetle-swap.html)

Liphookedau 03-16-2012 04:53 PM

Re/Beetle Swap

Hi Mark.
Has there ever been a Beetle Pattern Swap as I haven't noticed any?
They are quite easy to Tie look good & catch lots of Fish & the variations are unlimited.
Brian.

la_jolla1 03-16-2012 07:15 PM

Re: Re/Beetle Swap

Nice idea, I'll play

How do you like this for a pattern from the Laird himself

gatortransplant 03-16-2012 07:36 PM

Im interested as well!

dean_mt 03-16-2012 09:05 PM

John, Paul, George... Beetles are probably better all summer patterns than hoppers, great idea. I'd get in on it.

Now we wait for Ringo, er...Mark...

williamhj 03-16-2012 09:15 PM

La jolla, wow, that would be a great pattern! Much fancier than my beetle. I have a simple foam pattern that cleaned up for me last year. Just a foam cylinder with peacock herl and some hackle and I'd be happy to tie it for the swap.

William

fire instructor 03-16-2012 09:48 PM

Hmmm.... A dozen beatles... I could likely do that, if the due-date was out far enough.

hooked1 03-17-2012 08:22 AM

I will play.Im on a foam kick already.

Scott

fire instructor 03-17-2012 09:04 AM

I was thinking (and some of yu are learning just how dangerous that is....)

If the swap is open to beetles and ants, there should be no problem getting a dozen tyers to participate, as those get used for most all cold and warm species. Additionally, there are enough varient's on the patterns that there should be a good mix of interesting ties!

I'm tying later today as part of a demo-tie at the local LL Bean, that our club is supporting, and all I need is some rubber leg material. Hopefully, they will have some in stock.

dean_mt 03-17-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire instructor (Post 415677)
I was thinking (and some of yu are learning just how dangerous that is....)

If the swap is open to beetles and ants, there should be no problem getting a dozen tyers to participate, as those get used for most all cold and warm species. Additionally, there are enough varient's on the patterns that there should be a good mix of interesting ties!

I'm tying later today as part of a demo-tie at the local LL Bean, that our club is supporting, and all I need is some rubber leg material. Hopefully, they will have some in stock.

I was thinking the same thing, Rick. Beetles and Ants Swap, it would be a great one, everyone should be carrying a stock of beetles and ants.

Have fun tying today!

theboz 03-17-2012 11:11 AM

I'll give it a shot . Like the Beatles . And beetle flys to. Hey we need some of you talented guys on the Saltwater Streamer swap . How bout it?