The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re/Beetle Swap

Hi Mark.
Has there ever been a Beetle Pattern Swap as I haven't noticed any?
They are quite easy to Tie look good & catch lots of Fish & the variations are unlimited.
Brian.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:15 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Re/Beetle Swap

Nice idea, I'll play

How do you like this for a pattern from the Laird himself

Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Im interested as well!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

John, Paul, George... Beetles are probably better all summer patterns than hoppers, great idea. I'd get in on it.

Now we wait for Ringo, er...Mark...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

La jolla, wow, that would be a great pattern! Much fancier than my beetle. I have a simple foam pattern that cleaned up for me last year. Just a foam cylinder with peacock herl and some hackle and I'd be happy to tie it for the swap.

William
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm.... A dozen beatles... I could likely do that, if the due-date was out far enough.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

I will play.Im on a foam kick already.

Scott
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I was thinking (and some of yu are learning just how dangerous that is....)

If the swap is open to beetles and ants, there should be no problem getting a dozen tyers to participate, as those get used for most all cold and warm species. Additionally, there are enough varient's on the patterns that there should be a good mix of interesting ties!

I'm tying later today as part of a demo-tie at the local LL Bean, that our club is supporting, and all I need is some rubber leg material. Hopefully, they will have some in stock.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
I was thinking (and some of yu are learning just how dangerous that is....)

If the swap is open to beetles and ants, there should be no problem getting a dozen tyers to participate, as those get used for most all cold and warm species. Additionally, there are enough varient's on the patterns that there should be a good mix of interesting ties!

I'm tying later today as part of a demo-tie at the local LL Bean, that our club is supporting, and all I need is some rubber leg material. Hopefully, they will have some in stock.
I was thinking the same thing, Rick. Beetles and Ants Swap, it would be a great one, everyone should be carrying a stock of beetles and ants.

Have fun tying today!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give it a shot . Like the Beatles . And beetle flys to. Hey we need some of you talented guys on the Saltwater Streamer swap . How bout it?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser