The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Terrestrial Swap #1, Spring 2012

Where are thou any more Fly Swaps?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Where are thou any more Fly Swaps?
Maybe everyone is fishing?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 PM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

My flies are nowhere near on par yet with what you guys are swapping, but Im curious as to how you go about it?

Do you meet up and swap, or are the flies mailed out?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

The Flies are sent to Mark The Fly Swap Co-ordinator & he distributes them via The Boxes,Packets,etc send in by The Tyers,which is a mamoth task.
I'm in Australia & to date I think I've been in 7-10 Swaps,& have recieved lots of great Flies.
If & when you do happen to join in one Mark will inform you about all the things to do.or you can check out The Swap Guidlines.
Brian..
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Maybe everyone is fishing?
Let's hope so. I know I am much less interested in sitting at my vise during the summer time. If not fishing, then gardening, yard work, grilling, etc...

I'm sure the swaps will start up again in the fall/winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchierich View Post
My flies are nowhere near on par yet with what you guys are swapping, but Im curious as to how you go about it?
Ritchie, swaps are open to all skill levels and are a great way to improve your tying. Making the same fly over and over until you get a dozen good ones is how you get better, repetition! Plus you get access to lots of good advice and new patterns. Give it a shot next time a swap peaks your interest.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM

ritchierich will become famous soon enoughritchierich will become famous soon enough

Ya the swaps have really peaked my interest. I'll keep my eyes peeled, thanks!