The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrestrial Swap, Spring 2012

Sorry to hear it Geoff-- but congrats on the new arrival-- that should keep you and mom busy

I just sent out a PM, to all-- you included -- raising the swap limit to 15--- I'll lower it down to 14 now, so 13 flies from everyone....
Old 03-23-2012, 01:49 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Mark.
Mine will also be a Beetle Pattern,hopefully a Foam Beetle,firstly I'll confer with william hj so co incidently we don't tie the same pattern as I also tie many other Beetle Patterns.
Brian
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Brian & Mark (and others),

This is the foam beetle that I'm planning on doing.

Fat Head Beetle - Fly Pattern Instructions - Dennis Potter

I've also got a yellow hopper that I can/will do if we are short tyers, or if there are too many foam beetles. (I picked-up the materials that I was short for both patterns, yesterday!)

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-23-2012, 09:03 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

I can do either
Click the image to open in full size.

or

Whatever you guys want..... I'll leave it to Mark to best balance things

Hugh
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

The Beetle! Do the beetle, that is a beauty, and I don't this there can be too many beetles in one's terrestrial box.

I think I will be doing a CDC Beetle that I saw on the innernets, where else? It has a CDC "humpy-style" back and looks pretty nice.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Is the swap closed or can I take Geoff's place?

I've got some ants already tied up.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Is the swap closed or can I take Geoff's place?

I've got some ants already tied up.

One can never have too many ants, OBVIOUSLY!!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

DAMN!! Those look great!! You can be my sub haha.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-23-2012, 02:41 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to think I may need to select a different pattern. My beetle is embarrassingly simple, though it has worked well for me.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:44 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

So is mine, the JC nail is for the angler rather than the fish.