The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Terrestrial Swap, Spring 2012

Put me down for the McPhail Jungle Beetle
14 plus an extra or 2 for Peregrines
Hugh
Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

This is shaping up to be a certainly great swap. Love that McPhail JC beetle La Jolla, can't wait to see it. From the canyon hopper, foam beetles to the ants and a British "daddy long leg"... this is gonna be a good one!

I'm going to make a couple prototypes right now and decide ... maybe I'll put some pictures up.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
This is shaping up to be a certainly great swap.
Yes, Sir! This one is fun already! Lots of great patterns already spoken for, and still a few "undecideds", so it can only get better! I've got better than half of mine tied already...

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
I'm in on that, too! It's gotta take a bit of time and effort to administer and manage one of these swaps. It's the least we should do, as Mark's not even listed as a tier in this one!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
Put me down for the McPhail Jungle Beetle
Hugh
A good idea I'll include some extras as Mark does an amazing job.
Brian.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post

Your ants look like a gorrilla-glue pattern. Is that accurate? I've got a recipe and SBS for them, but haven't yet tried a gorilla-glue ant....
No, they are hard body acrylic ants.

I tied up 14 last night for the swap. These are the very ants that I will mail out. Please PM me the address they go to.

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Those look killer!
Can't wait to have one!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
Those look killer!
Can't wait to have one!
And I can't wait till the season to fish them!

I've got a pile of CDC and peacock beetles done, I'll find the best 14 and get 'em in the mail early.

So here it is...nothing fancy, just fishy!

#14 CDC Beetle: Peacock herl body, black CDC, 8/0 Uni

Last edited by dean_mt; 04-03-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: adding pic
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

Due to the warm weather, it seems terrestrials are on the move early this year. Already caught a few fish on beetles and black crickets this year, and saw a few of the 'living' versions of my fly last weekend near some sunny granite boulders on a south facing slope.

TB's canyon hopper:

Ready for shipment:

Peregrines, I tied up an extra for you, let me know if you want it or if it is superfluous (or you can always just send it back to me).
TB
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

TB I'd be honored to fish it-- they look awesome!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Henry's (Silver Creek) excellent looking acrylic ants are in--- they look like they're made from polished onyx and rubies!