The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Terrestrial Swap #1, Spring 2012

Thanks to Brian (Liphookedau) for suggesting this one--

Summer is fast approaching and soon all kinds of creepy crawler landlubbers will be falling into the streams-- Ants and beetles are great patterns to have in your summer time fly box and drifting one along the bank or under overhanging tree branches is a good way to whistle up a fish or two during the summer when nothing is hatching. And sometimes they do the trick when trout are feeding on Tricos or other tiny stuff.

Ant, beetle, inch worm, hopper, cricket etc patterns are all fair game for this swap

Due date June 1, 2012

With 15 swappers if everyone ties up 14 flies you'll each get back 14 - one from each of the other tyers.

1. Liphookedau - Foam Beetle RECEIVED
2. La_jolla1 - McPhail Jungle Beetle RECEIVED
3. gatortransplant
4. willamhj- Foam Beetle RECEIVED
5. fire instructor - Fat Head Beetle RECEIVED
6. hooked1- Loran's Cicada RECEIVED
7. dean_mt - beetle RECEIVED
8. theboz - Speetle - RECEIVED
9. Mudbug - Foam Cracker Ant RECEIVED
10. kayo - Lady Bug RECEIVED
11. JoJer - Foam Hopper- RECEIVED
12. Futuramille- Green Oak Worm
13. Scooby Scott
14. tbblom - Canyon Hopper RECEIVED
15. Silver Creek- Hard Bodied Acrylic Ant RECEIVED

Last edited by peregrines; 06-06-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrestrial Swap, Spring 2012

Giddy-up...I'm in Mark! I'll do some sort of beetle.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Mark, I'll tie either a Fat-head Beetle (foam) or a Gorrilla-Glue Ant.... I'll let you know. Either way, I need to pick-up some rubber leg material this week.....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I'll do this one with a foam ant.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

count me in, tbd.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Wife and I went and listened to the 90 minute pitch on why we should buy a time-share today..... NOT!!! But it gave me an excuse to drive through Eastern NY and Southwestern VT to check-out some streams, PLUS we just HAD to stop at the Orvis Mothership in Manchester, VT....

Ended-up the day with no time-share, got my $50 Home Depot Card, my 4 airline ticket vouchers, and the rubber legs I needed for this tie. Additionally, I found another small angling shop just up the road from Orvis, The Reel Angler (The Reel Angler - Manchester, Vermont - Fly Fishing & Bass Tackle Shop, Guide Service ), not "fly" only, but had a decent stock of flies and fly-fishing gear and very nice folks, and it was a nice day to just get away from the house and the chores accumulated.

Mark - Put me down for the Fat-Head Beetle. Fat Head Beetle Instructions Step by Step

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Hi All, I'll get in this one, too.
First impulse is a caterpillar, but don't hold me to that, I want to look around for more inspiration first.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

I'm in, "Green oak worm"!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Hmmmm....if we need to fill in a spot.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM

scoobyscott is on a distinguished road

I would be up for this if you allow people from across the pond Probably a daddy longlegs