The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM

logic_factory is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mayfly Drake Fly Swap

ill share a pattern my father created; we call it a "drake emerger". it is very simple to tie effective enough that we do not have an alternative. it is tied on a heavier wire hook; e.g. nymph or streamer. the tail starts with a couple barbs(?) from the posterior vane, we generally use pheasant. we then tie in a section of foam; this foam will be pulled from tail all way to the head. then use the dubbing of your choice and dub all the way up to the head. pull the foam up to the head and tie it in and finish off the fly. there are only two segments; the large body and small head.
the fly sits low in the water and at an angle which lends its self some credit to being a food source; emerger.

i can add more details later as i am pressed for time right now.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great guys-- Hooked1, Watson and Logic Factory you're all in. I'll send a PM with my address and swap info to all.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Mark, please put me down for a Clouser Green Drake Dun.

-Forrest
Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent Forrest.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Brian (Liphookedau) sent me a PM and he's in too-- so you can look forward to adding an Australian mayfly to your box to cover unexpected hatches on your local stream
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Mark - My Big Brown Elk Hair Drake's are done, and I tied a half dozen of the Dryersheet Olive Drakes last night, so put me down for a dozen of them, as well.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Mark, i'm gonna change my fly to an iso emerger...i have a great pattern works well on the east coast i found last year on line and only just remembered about it.

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Mark,

I will give this one a try.....Green Drake Emerger

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Black Drakes are done.Will send in when done with the other 2 swaps.

Scott
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 AM

tamster321 will become famous soon enoughtamster321 will become famous soon enough

I would like to be apart of this swap if there is room!! I don't know what I am tying yet but I will let you know!