The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM

danielp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mayfly Drake Fly Swap

If you dont mind an English applicant I will be up for this, will tie a danica pattern that I am guessing will work for the green drakes as well.

Cheers
Dan
Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I've finished The Cream Mayflies,they are a simple pattern that catch fish,as I stated elseware all I have to do is Tie The Foam Beetles for The #1 Terrestial Swap.
I will have a play around tomorrow on my newest Computer as I printed Frank & Ard's links as in the past I've had trouble posting Pictures especially The Tie along ones,maybe I'm a dumb ?/////?.
Brian.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 04-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent tamster321 and danielp, glad to have you aboard. I'll send you both a PM with the details.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM

tamster321 will become famous soon enoughtamster321 will become famous soon enough

I am going to tie a fly called Tamsters drake. I don't know what it is but it looks like a mayfly drake of some sort! I am tying up all the bodies now!!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Mark.
Recipe for Cream Mayfly.
Hook: #10 or 12 Dry Fly Hook
Thread: Black
Tail: 6 Fibres Black/Brown tipped Squirrel Tail
Body: Dubbed Cream/Gold Antron
Wings: Synthetic Para Post Material tied onto the Hook Shank figure 8
style.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 05-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 AM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

This is my submission for this swap. A variation of the Clouser Green Drake. I did not have a light ginger cape for the rear hackle wraps, so I substituted a dirty cream.

Recipe:
Size 10 Allen Fly fishing Dry Fly Hook
Tail: Moose body
Dub: Yellow Antron
Rear Hackle: Dirty Cream
Wing: Deer Hair
Front Hackle: One ginger, one griz
Thread: 8/0 light cahill

I have tested this fly and the vast majority of the time it lands upright! These are big and meaty and according to Bob Clouser the smallmouth love em!

Enjoy.
-Forrest

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Mark the flies are on their way. I am sending these in with two other swaps. I tried to send you a PM but I am not sure my PM's are getting through to you. Please let me know if you get a PM from me. Thanks!

-Forrest
Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Both my Elk Hair Big Brown Drakes and Dryer Sheet Flashback Drakes went in the mail today.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM

danielp is on a distinguished road

I am really sorry guys but I am going to have to drop out, work has got hectic and I don't have the time to tie up the patterns.

Really sorry
Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 AM

tamster321 will become famous soon enoughtamster321 will become famous soon enough

Mine are done!! I think mine are called a slate drake so that is the name on the toe tag. I will be putting them in the mail today!!