The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 09:16 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mayfly Drake Fly Swap

Hey All,

I dont want to step on any toes here as I am the "newbe" but,All of the 3 swaps I am in had at least 2 months to complete.That being said,what gives?I know things come up and I have been a day or so late on other forms but we are pushing 3 weeks.In the interest of closing these out I propose that the flies that are in be split up and sent out.Any that show up after should be put aside for donations or auction.
In the future my I also suggest that all swaps be closed out,and sent 1 week after the deadline.It has been my experience that given a day ,2 weeks will be taken.It spreads like a virus.First one,then several people.It is just the nature of the beast. Trust me.The first couple of time somebody sends in a batch of flies and gets nothing in return they will either be on time,opt out,or not sign up.
Remember,this is suppose to be fun.It takes a tremendous commitment on the part of the swap master,Peregrines,to take the time and juggle all of this.Please take the time to be on time and make it as easy as possible for him.

OK I'm off the box
Scott
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

What is holding up the swaps these days? The “Mayfly Drake” swap due date was June 1, 2012 and still nothing. I have invested time and money to make sure my flies are done on time and sent to the SM by the due date along with others that have their flies sent into the SM. Come on guys It's pretty simple and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.....If you don't have time to fulfill your commitment to get the flies to the SM on time then DONT join the swaps! And furthermore the due date is the date that the flies have to be in the SM's hands...NOT the date that the flies need to be in the mail. So if it takes 2 weeks transit for your flies to arrive then make sure you mail them at least 2 weeks before the deadline.
Another problem is there are guys that spend extra money to next day air their flies so they arrive by the due date and then the swap ends up being extended by weeks and months because of a number of swappers that still don't have their flies to the SM on time, so that guy that spent the extra $5/10 to get his flies to the SM on time is just screwed because of the other late swappers. I guess if this continues to be the norm for all swaps, I just won’t join in because this is getting to be ridiculous. I am mainly doing this for the fun and fellowship with guys/gals on FFFNA, nothing more.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Last edited by popperfly; 06-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I just realized I posted in another swap but not this one... I can't speak for anyone else so I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm stalling the swap due to a mix up that puts me about 1000 miles from my tying materials. If I am the only one holding up the swap, I am happy to withdraw from this one and just enter one when I once again have my materials in front of me. And my apologies if I am the only one holding this up!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-30-2012, 07:34 PM

tamster321 will become famous soon enoughtamster321 will become famous soon enough

Thank you Mark! I got my flies today in the mail...they all look great!! Thanks to everyone who participated!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:03 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Hey Mark, received my flies today thanks again and great ties everyone they look good.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Got my 3 Swaps over the weekend.A very nice assortment.Thanks to all that participated .Thanks again to Mark for all the work.

Scott