The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terrestrial #2 Swap, Spring 2012

Brian- Yup, same address.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

My foam cinnamon ants are no longer foam, or cinnamon. I couldn't find a the right colored marker and I also couldn't the foam to do what I wanted. So now you get a #20 carpenter ant constructed with dubbing balls.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

After the damage that they inflicted on my front porch a number of years ago, very little would make me feel better than drowning a few carpenter ants (real or tied) and catching a few fish with them!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Mark,3 lots of Flies are on their way,they should reach you in 7-10 days.
Recipe for Mudeye.
Hook: # 8 Wet Fly
Thread: Black
Tail: Black Rabbit(I've used Goat)

Eyes: Two small Beads on a piece of Mono,tied figure 8 style onto The Hook Shank with the ends melted to secure them,any colour beads can be used.

Body: Brown,Fawn or Olive Mohair wound onto The Hook Shank
Legs: Hen Hackle either wound or Tied in Beard Style
Wings: One Feather tied either side then one over the top.
Legs & Wings to be the same colour as the Body,then dub over
The Thread & between The Eyes.
There's a Pic of it in my Pictures which I haven't placed here yet.

Brian.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Brian I'll let you know when they make it here.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 PM

famill00 will become famous soon enough

Mark the flies are on their way. I am sending these in with two other swaps. I tried to send you a PM but I am not sure my PM's are getting through to you. Please let me know if you get a PM from me.

-Forrest (famill00)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I took a long hiatus away from the vise. I have 14 CDC & Peacock Beetles (Swap #1) and 12 Carpenter Ants (Swap #2) ready for shipping to Mark. Is this the right number of flies? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

That's the correct number. Everything is "12" except the terrestrial #1, which is at 14. I'm on the way to the Post Office today with 5 boxes of flies for swaps, and a couple of each tie for Mark, for his efforts! 72 flies going out in the mail....

My wife thinks that I've gone crazy. I ask her "Gone?"!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 05-12-2012, 02:26 PM

My Elk Hair Skunk Hoppers went in the mail today.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM

Hey Mark, I mailed my two sets at least a week ago and then forgot about it...did you receive them? I just remember and then got worried.