The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 12:04 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Terrestrial #2 Swap, Spring 2012

Seems like this swap is on schedule! Glad your back and well, Mark.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Hey All,

I dont want to step on any toes here as I am the "newbe" but,All of the 3 swaps I am in had at least 2 months to complete.That being said,what gives?I know things come up and I have been a day or so late on other forms but we are pushing 3 weeks.In the interest of closing these out I propose that the flies that are in be split up and sent out.Any that show up after should be put aside for donations or auction.
In the future my I also suggest that all swaps be closed out,and sent 1 week after the deadline.It has been my experience that given a day ,2 weeks will be taken.It spreads like a virus.First one,then several people.It is just the nature of the beast. Trust me.The first couple of time somebody sends in a batch of flies and gets nothing in return they will either be on time,opt out,or not sign up.
Remember,this is suppose to be fun.It takes a tremendous commitment on the part of the swap master,Peregrines,to take the time and juggle all of this.Please take the time to be on time and make it as easy as possible for him.

OK I'm off the box
Scott
Old 06-30-2012, 04:42 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

I got my flies today and I am very pleased. It is great to have flies tied by someone just for me.

Thanks to Mark for hosting. It's a lot of work, and I don't take it for granted.

To anyone who would want to join a swap, do so. It is like Christmas at my home. I opened the box and showed them to my wife.

And to Mark, who sent me back $2.00 because he combined swap 1 and 2 in the same postal package, you are most honest and I wasn't expecting the extra $2 back.

Thanks again.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I'm waiting on mine as they will take a little longer,they will only be used for patterns & aren't needed until Springtime which starts September over here.

Also thanks to Mark who has a huge job to do running all The Swaps & The Distribution of The Flies around The World.

Brian.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

The package arrived in Phoenix today. Great flies everyone, several I have not seen before.

Mark, many thanks to you for doing all of the work, your time and efforts are greatly appreciated!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Got my 3 Swaps over the weekend.A very nice assortment.Thanks to all that participated .Thanks again to Mark for all the work.

Scott
Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM

iaflyguy will become famous soon enoughiaflyguy will become famous soon enough

I got my flies today and Finally I have decent flies to fish with! LOL Just in time for a fishing trip. Thank you everyone and thank you Mark for dealing with it all. Cheers!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Great flies all!

We all appreciate the hard work you do for these swaps Mark - Thank you!