The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly Swaps

Mark you needn't apologize...we all have to thank you for the great job you've done on the swaps
Old 06-21-2012, 01:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

If it were indeed herding cats, this time I have been particularly wayward and aloof! Mark, thanks for everything you do on these swaps and sorry that I have been involved in holding up this last set, and my apologies to those swappers who I have contributed to delaying! Im looking forward to the next set when my life returns to the semester routine rather than the decapitated-chicken traveling of the summer.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I have a good mind to drive over to that skinny little island and open up a flea market with all those flies! LOL, just kidding. Take your time, I'm going to go check my mailbox now
Old 06-22-2012, 04:10 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by famill00 View Post
Mark,

I too want to take a minute and say thanks for all the hard work that you do. Please know that those of us who have voiced our opinion about swaps being late understand that the reason the swaps have gone so overdue has absolutely nothing to do with you at all. Those of us who send our flies in on time or ahead of time just want everyone to play by the rules. We all understand that things come up, so if someone is going to be late they should at least have the decency to post on the thread that they are going to be late. What is frustrating is that people don't send their flies in AND say nothing on the boards. Again, thank you so much for all you do for us, and if you are looking for someone to share the burden of running swaps with, I am your guy!

-Forrest
Forrest....Thumbs up,

Mark,

Thank you for coordinating all the swaps and you have done an excellent job....I had fun.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Mark I think you do a great job, many thanks from me for all you do for us.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:07 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
AS stated on one of the swap threads, i've withdrawn from all swaps. Any flies i've sent can be distributed among the other tyers. I dont need any back.
I'm gonna miss your flies Fontinalis.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
AS stated on one of the swap threads, i've withdrawn from all swaps. Any flies i've sent can be distributed among the other tyers. I dont need any back.
What's the reason for that? You're tying very well.

Pocono
Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Mark you do a wonderful job with the swaps ,my many thanks to you for your time.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

I too, look forward to many, many future swaps. As with anything in life, there will be times whan folks make best intentioned commitments, that later have to be withdrawn, but as I sadid, that's life.

Mark does a great job in rallying folks and getting these swaps on-line, and these swaps are the best way we have of sharing ties that are coming from other fly-fishermen, and not commercial suppliers.

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky