The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Swap (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/)
-   -   Fly Swaps (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-swap/288966-fly-swaps.html)

peregrines 06-20-2012 04:39 PM

Fly Swaps

Hi folks --

Apologies to all who've sent in their flies on time for the swaps--

I will send out all swaps by the end of this week-- even though some folks that haven't submitted yet will not be included.

I'll divide up the flies so that everyone will still get the same number of lfies they tied back in return-- one from each of the other tyers that have sent stuff in, plus some duplicates chosen at random.

Mark

kayo 06-20-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Fly Swaps

Thanks for all your time Mark. ;)

mudbug 06-20-2012 09:02 PM

Thank you for all your work.

I know I have been guilty of being late a couple times but vowed to do better. I was very proud of myself for getting in early on these last two swaps I joined.

dsmith1427 06-20-2012 09:17 PM

No problem... Thanks for all time and efforts! I appreciate it.

Don

tamster321 06-20-2012 09:22 PM

Thanks Mark!

I appreciate all that you do for these swaps!

I know sometimes personal things come up and we are all human and can only do so much!! Take your time I know that you will get the flies out eventually!

As for the late tiers, well, just send the flies out without thier flies and they will hopefully get their flies in on time next swap.

Thanks again for all that you do for us Mark!!

Tammy

famill00 06-20-2012 09:27 PM

Mark,

I too want to take a minute and say thanks for all the hard work that you do. Please know that those of us who have voiced our opinion about swaps being late understand that the reason the swaps have gone so overdue has absolutely nothing to do with you at all. Those of us who send our flies in on time or ahead of time just want everyone to play by the rules. We all understand that things come up, so if someone is going to be late they should at least have the decency to post on the thread that they are going to be late. What is frustrating is that people don't send their flies in AND say nothing on the boards. Again, thank you so much for all you do for us, and if you are looking for someone to share the burden of running swaps with, I am your guy!

-Forrest

theboz 06-20-2012 10:16 PM

Mark sincere thank you for putting up with all the b.s. And the great job your doing the pics , the sorting , the mailing the Pms and so on. It is greatly appreciated!

s fontinalis 06-21-2012 09:22 AM

AS stated on one of the swap threads, i've withdrawn from all swaps. Any flies i've sent can be distributed among the other tyers. I dont need any back.

iaflyguy 06-21-2012 10:05 AM

AWESOME! That will be just in time for my fishing trip.

Thanks for doing the hard work and keeping up informed!

dean_mt 06-21-2012 10:43 AM

Thanks Mark. I'm sure it feels like herding cats sometimes.