The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Time for a fly swap!!!!!!

I must be the only one that didn't receive mine yet. I'm a little jealous over here!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
I must be the only one that didn't receive mine yet. I'm a little jealous over here!
Not the only one. I'm on "Island" time though so I'm not in any rush, plus I can't use 'em till spring!!

I wish I had name tagged mine too. First swap I've participated in so still have to work out the bugs (pardon the pun)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

just got mine in Colorado, great stuff!
Gotta put the streamers down and go nymphing soon.
Thanks again John, nice flies everyone.
TB
Old 11-14-2012, 01:15 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
These are fantastic! Thanks to all!

As I was looking through the individual baggies, I came across one that didn't have a fly in it. Once I put on my super magnifying goggles, I realized that there was indeed a fly! It was just a size 22
That would be..................Joni!

She tied up some #32s for a swap that we did a couple of years back.

Pocono
Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

I think the pony from my areas Pony Express must have keeled over, because I am still without flies in my mailbox. Guess I'm not in much of a hurry as I've got a bum wrist and the doctor has issued me a cease and desist order out on my fly fishing for the next month or two.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a burger bar the other day; one with a Western flair to it; not the norm for York, ME, but there it was.

It had an intersting add for Pony Express riders on the wall; the add said that the applicants needed to be under 18, thin, wirey, good at dodging bullets and arrows, and that orphans were preferred!

Does that sound like the kind of Pony Express riders that you have up there in the land of lakes?

Seriously, I hope your flies arrive soon; I think you'll find that they're worth the wait.

Pocono
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Hmmm, all aside from the under 18. We'll don't discriminate based on age.

On a side note - For the first time today I was able to sneak out of my office (spare bedroom) and get down to check the mail. I'm happy to report that the flies have been delivered, and they all looked fantastic. Nice job everybody!

Last edited by ted4887; 11-15-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got them Ted! Those Pony express guys must be riding hard! Must be a good day for it my son came home a day early from school and surprised me. He spotted the flys from the swap grabbed a handful and said when are we fishing? Oh boy tough decision , haha!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Flies arrived today. Boy oh boy some real nice work there by all the tiers. Real privilege to take part.
thanks
phil
williamhj likes this.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:21 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Wow
Got a lovely packet yesterday with some of the beat nymphs I have ever seen,thanks guys I will be copying a few patterns over the winter
theboz likes this.