The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater fly swap

Sorry guys, a very angry woman named Sandy decided to turn my Island upside down. My flies are done but no eyes, I'll have to send them that way since we've got way too much cleaning up to do. PM me your address when you get a chance.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

guys please do try to get your flies in on time. if you can't just pm me. if you do not have my address pm me.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 AM

ditz will become famous soon enoughditz will become famous soon enough

Grassonfly....My flies were posted Monday. Sorry I did not inform you before now. My wife is have some medical issues for the last 3 weeks.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

It's all good. No worries
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

In the mail.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Mine went out this morning.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Mudbug and ditz i have received your flies. Mudbug kudos to you for tieing two for everyone.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
Mudbug and ditz i have received your flies. Mudbug kudos to you for tieing two for everyone.

I couldn't decide which version/color I wanted to tie.

They are pretty simple.

I needed more practice making epoxy heads.

Most of the epoxy head flies I have tied I did with Clear Cure Goo or one at a time with 5 minute epoxy. This was my first time doing it in bulk with 30 minute stuff and a drying wheel.

I think I still need more practice though since I had problems with bubbles on some of these. I've done some research and hopefully I can cure that on my next batch.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 PM

Either way good work.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Sorry for my absence guys, been working a lot of extra days. The life of a truck driver! Sandy & the storm afterwards left many of the stores we service without power & I've been shuttling trailers the last two weeks on my regular days off. I don't usually work extra days so it cut into my tying.

Flies were tied but not finished. Finished them this morning & will go out first thing this week.

Need an address now.

Here's a pic of the flies. Ready to go!
Click the image to open in full size.
theboz likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

Last edited by bigjim5589; 11-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.