The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice
Default Re: Saltwater fly swap

I have everyone flies but gatortranaplants. Great ties everyone. Big Jim that is a fantastic cuda fly.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

If mine don't arrive by the holiday, there is a problem. I will likely have to retie the lot (a half dozen isn't so bad though).

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

As long as they are in the maIl no worries.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM

I have updated the first page with who I have received.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:02 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

No flies is no bueno. I'm going to tie a half-dozen more. Sorry for the hold-up guys!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:24 PM

ok guys i still have no received flies from AJ so we can wait or we can go through with the swap. I still want to give him the flies tied for him but as penance he will be required to submit an sbs of his fly. how does that sound? i need to get the flies out before the 20th because im going to hawaii to slay some pacific bonefish.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Video SBS will be posted, in that case, as penance. Since my originals got lost in the mail and caused me to be late, I tied nicer ones as late payment that are headed out tomorrow. I'll post photos as soon as I'm home from work. Articulated minnow patterns FTW.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:33 PM

if you tied new ones and sent htem then youre all good AJ. The lack of flies is the problem but if theyre in the mail then all is well. im geussing that theyll be here in a week at the most so everyone should expect their flies in two weeks i geuss.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM

tj5485 is on a distinguished road

Is anyone going to post some pics?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Maybe Robert will post the pics of the flies he has, and I'll have one of mine posted tonight. I dropped the ball last night in photographing them, and the only photo I have is my first time tying the pattern. It wasn't pretty. The pattern was inspired by a quick article on tying "swim-baits" in Fly Rod and Reel, so the pattern is an articulated pattern tied with a sz6 trailing shortshank saltwater hook attached with 20lb mono to a sz4 saltwater shortshank. The fly only requires two materials in addition to some dumbbell eyes, with dark deerhair as the back and white EP as the belly. The finished fly is around 4" in length.

Not sure yet on quality of this video SBS, we'll see if my buddy wants to come over and help film it. If that's the case, the filmwork will be far better than the tying haha.