The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

They are on the way!
Pocono likes this.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hey Pocono, when you get a chance please pm me the address to send them to. I'll have mine out by next week sometime.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default From The Vise in Alaska;

Hi Everyone,

Today is Saturday December 1st and it's off to the Post Office for the flies I tied. I hope that you will be satisfied with them and I have some comments about the flies I'll add here. It has been a long time since I tied a bunch of these and you may find the tails a tad long. However, where I came from this may fly was pretty big and I tied full with the theory being that you can always take your nippers and shorten things but you can't make anything longer They are full and should ride the current well so I wish you all good luck if you use one. I lacquered all the quills and the wing sets and so they should hold up for a while.

Ard

Gordon Quills

Click the image to open in full size.
Pocono, ghocevar, wt bash and 2 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Ard, those are beautiful flies! I have always considered the mark of a great fly tyer to be their skill with such technical patterns as catskill style dry flies.

I do the same thing with bugger, start with a tail a bit too long for most situations and then I can cut it to suit me on the water.

I'd fish those happily!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM

lotech_joe has a spectacular aura aboutlotech_joe has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: From The Vise in Alaska;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Everyone,

Today is Saturday December 1st and it's off to the Post Office for the flies I tied. I hope that you will be satisfied with them and I have some comments about the flies I'll add here. It has been a long time since I tied a bunch of these and you may find the tails a tad long. However, where I came from this may fly was pretty big and I tied full with the theory being that you can always take your nippers and shorten things but you can't make anything longer They are full and should ride the current well so I wish you all good luck if you use one. I lacquered all the quills and the wing sets and so they should hold up for a while.

Ard

Gordon Quills

They look good to me just the way they are. What size hooks?
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Hey Pocono, when you get a chance please pm me the address to send them to. I'll have mine out by next week sometime.
PM with address sent, WT. Timing sounds great.

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Everyone,

Ard

Gordon Quills

That's a nice looking set of Quill Gordons there, Ard. Makes me want to go out and check one of my local creeks to see if there are any rises today!

Pocono
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Just got to my Saturday mail; was up in Maine yesterday, and there were Larry's Baetis Sparkle Duns.

A great looking set of flies that I know will be fun to fish!

All these nice dry patterns that are coming in makes me wish we were already on the other side of January 1st!

Pocono
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'll have mine in the mail on Monday.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM

A very nice looking set of Brown Drakes on a #12 hook, arrived today from Bill (williamhj)!

We're about 1/3 in right now, with two more sets that I know of in the mail. You guys are getting off to a fast start.

By the way, if you don't send the recipes for your patterns as part of the toe tags, then please post them to the thread. I plan to post photos and recipes for all of the flies in this swap as soon as they're all in; unless someone has an objection to that.

Pocono
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

All sounds good to me Allan, my package was sent 1st class mail and given the way things work between Wasilla & Anchorage I expect them to be on a Plane to either Denver or Chicago by midnight tonight. I've gotten pretty good at figuring out how the mail system works here because I rely on it so much. Although you place an item in the system on a Saturday it really will not leave Alaska until Monday. It's just that way, I expect they will make the long haul to Maine by Friday and will be anxious to hear that they arrive.

This group of tiers is on the ball and that's for sure. If we keep the wheels greased like this I may be into doing another before spring. I do have an extended trip to the cabin coming in January and don't know when I'll be back on the grid when that comes. Anyway, this swap looks good from here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;