The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

I personally sent them this morning Priority Mail with enclosed postage and toe tags. They should arrive Monday.
Hardyreels, Pocono and williamhj like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I received a very nice set of Quill Gordons today from Ard!

You were right, they made it just fine packed loose in the soap dish; completely intact with the hackles in good shape.

So, that's 5 sets in now; we're getting near the halfway mark.

Keep 'em coming!

Pocono
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quite the packaging job with the envelope huh I'm happy to hear they made the trip all the way from here to Maine.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

And WT's package made it here today! Another great set of flies; a bivisible variant pattern.

So, we're half way there now, with 6 sets of flies received to date and still about 3 weeks left to the deadline. Let me know how the rest of you are coming along with your flies.

Don't forget to send the recipes for your patterns if you don't have them on the toe tags.

The flies, so far, have all been really nice. I'm already wishing it was Spring time!

Pocono
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I finally found the hackle I want and it got here yesterday. I'll probably be shipping next monday.
Pocono and williamhj like this.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Looking to be a great swap! Based on pictures that have been posted I think I'm going to learn a lot from the flies I receive.
Pocono likes this.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'm stoked too, too bad though its December!!! I can hardly wait till its dry fly time!
Pocono likes this.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Click the image to open in full size.

Recipe:

Hook: #18 Daiichi 1180 Dry Fly Hook
Thread: 8/0 Uni Red for butt & 8/0 Uni Lt Cahill for body
Thorax: Spirit River Rabbit Dubbing: Sulphur
Hackle: Waspi CDC: Natural Dun
Wing: Spirit River Elk Hair: Natural Brown
Head Cement: Backcountry Laboratories Hard as Hull

An easy tie with real basic stuff. LMK if y'all have questions!
Pocono, mcnerney, cicvara and 3 others like this.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the pic and the recipe, Greg.

Pocono
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM

For those of you that haven't tied up your patterns yet; or at least haven't gotten them in the mail yet, how are you coming along?

We're only a little more than a week away from Christmas now and not much, generally, gets done between Christmas and New Years; except for a lot of partying . So, I'm getting just a little anxious here....

If you haven't finished up yet, then drop me a line and let me know how you're coming along with your patterns. Thanks.

I'm hoping that December 31st, or earlier, will be the day that I send them back to all of you.

Pocono