The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

I think Diver Dan has a thread going on Ard's Proof of Life call but I talked to him the other day he should be in town around the weekend.
Pocono and Kerry Pitt like this.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Walked out of the house this evening to head to work and there was my package in the mailbox. Opened them at work and they look Great! Everyone turned out great flies, I see I will need to step up my game a bit. Thanks to everyone who tied and to Pocono for holding the swap.
Pocono likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry: Great to hear you finally received the flies from the swap! Looking forward to spring to try these bad boys out!

Larry

Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I as well Larry. Some of them lend themselves to a particular river that harbours some huge 'bows I can hardly wait!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry, glad to hear that they finally made it!

That's 10 in and only "you know who" to go; up there in AK.

Pocono
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi everyone,

I found them on the counter when I came home, opened them this morning and they all look great

A big Thanks to everyone for making this a quick and smooth swap
Pocono likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ard; glad you're back and that your flies were there when you arrived.

That finishes up this swap.

I'd like to thank all the members for their patterns, for being on time (actually, ahead of time) and for the "extra" flies that some of you included in your packages. And a special thanks to Kerry who, essentially filled out another fly box for me with the extra flies that he sent!

We'll do it again.

Pocono
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Thanks Ard; glad you're back and that your flies were there when you arrived.

That finishes up this swap.

I'd like to thank all the members for their patterns, for being on time (actually, ahead of time) and for the "extra" flies that some of you included in your packages. And a special thanks to Kerry who, essentially filled out another fly box for me with the extra flies that he sent!

We'll do it again.

Pocono
Pocono: Kudus to you for running such a smooth swap!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
Thanks, Dean. PM me your addy and I'll send you some. I have a nearly bottomless pit of the stuff! That goes for the rest of y'all, too.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks also to Ard, Larry, and Pocono for your kind words. I really need to practice so that the final result is consistently the same. They'll all fish, but some have more hackle, some more wing, some more tail, etc.

I'm just a southerner trying to learn coldwater fishing (and tying)--it's a hoot, so I'm gonna keep at it, but I'm pretty much self-taught by books, youtube, and this forum (both fishing and tying) and I'm learning a ton from my mistakes. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that some technique is a mistake, but I get it eventually!
I was twisting up some flies tonight from this swap and all-be-damned is I didn't have some labridoodle dubbing to use. Made me chuckle...

Click the image to open in full size.
biggie_robs likes this.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

biggie robs.
A Bonzer Little Mate you have & has trouble written all over it.

ghocevar Looks like You have some nice Ingredients not only to Tie some Flies also to have a Nice Little Session.
Believe me I know what it's like.
Cheers.
Brian

Last edited by Liphookedau; 07-15-2013 at 03:55 AM.