The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time for Another Fly Swap.............!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
Man! that filled up fast
I am going to host the next one Kayo, so keep your eyes open. It looks like there is plenty of interest after the swap hiatus, that's great.

I'll start a new thread taking requests for ideas of future swaps. We'll let this one get underway and start up in earnest in the new year!
Hardyreels, Pocono and mcnerney like this.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

So I was a little excited and did half the flies last night. I opted to use CDC instead of hackle so the Yellow Sally floats lower on the water. Let me know what you all think...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

That's a beautiful little fly! CDC is a good call.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allan: Put me down for a Baetis Sparkle Dun.

Ghocevar: That looks killer, can't wait to try that on the Green next summer!

Larry

Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Thanks guys...they are turning out pretty sweet. Easy pattern to tie and yet a good variation to the original.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 PM

hooked1 will become famous soon enough

Dam that filled fast.Im in No Car.for the week and missed this yesterday.Let me know if you all need a back-up,Or add one if possible.

Scott
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

That's a nice looking Yellow Sally, ghocevar.

I like the use of CDC; gives the fly a different look and probably a different action in the water.

.........are you going to tie up the other half tonight!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PMs with the swap address are coming out later tonight; I got tied up with work today.

Pocono
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
That's a nice looking Yellow Sally, ghocevar.

I like the use of CDC; gives the fly a different look and probably a different action in the water.

.........are you going to tie up the other half tonight!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PMs with the swap address are coming out later tonight; I got tied up with work today.

Pocono
Allan, I thought you retired!

Larry

Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Allan, I thought you retired!

Larry
Ummmm, yup..........that's what I told my wife..............

Pocono
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM

I'm gonna knock out the 4 I have left tomorrow after the kids go to bed. I think after 12 I might even be able to tie 'em in my sleep!
Pocono likes this.