The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #1: Czech-style nymph

Thanks for organizing this! Look forward to the pictures and then the flies!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

There is another following in an envelope somehow I missed it, not sure why. My apologies for holding up the swap it used to be that mail was a few days quicker, not sure why things are slow suddenly
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
There is another following in an envelope somehow I missed it, not sure why. My apologies for holding up the swap it used to be that mail was a few days quicker, not sure why things are slow suddenly
No worries, you didn't hold anything up...and I got the envelope as well.

I got about half the flies sorted out, but have seemed to misplaced RReese's package in fly tying den. I am really embarrassed and sorry about this. I have PM'd Reese so he can remind me what the container looks like to give me something to look for. I know I had the flies because I photographed his quite a while ago.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Sent you A PM just saw this didnt get a PM let me know if not found will do something else have no more of the red ribbing
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by r reese View Post
Sent you A PM just saw this didnt get a PM let me know if not found will do something else have no more of the red ribbing
I am going to find the package. I know I received it. Don't worry yet, let me look thoroughly tonight.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
No worries, you didn't hold anything up...and I got the envelope as well.

I got about half the flies sorted out, but have seemed to misplaced RReese's package in fly tying den. I am really embarrassed and sorry about this. I have PM'd Reese so he can remind me what the container looks like to give me something to look for. I know I had the flies because I photographed his quite a while ago.

I was running a local swap and two guys were not going to be able to mail it and get it them in on time. So one of them picked up the others and about 2am the next morning dropped them off at my house while he was on his way out of town for a fishing trip. They told me they were gonna do this and to look for them on the hood of my car.

Well the next morning I got up, go in my car, and took off. I completely forgot about the flies until I turned off my street on to the main street and saw them slide across my hood and into the street.

One was in a altoids tin and was heavy enough that it carried into the gutter and was safe. The other was in a small plastic container that just landed in the middle of the road.

I immediately pulled over just in time to see a whole convoy of vehicles run over the plastic box. The few flies I could find were ruined.

I called the guy and asked him for a pattern telling him I would replace them and he just laughed because he was in a hurry and didn't feel good about those flies anyway and he would tie some more.

Our local forums rules are that the swap master has to ship within 7 days of the deadline so this guy busted his but and replaced his flies with some great woven nymphs that he was much happier entering and we all were happy to receive.

Some times life just shakes our plans up to see what will happen.
Pocono and mcnerney like this.

Last edited by mudbug; 02-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM

Good story, Mudbug. I can't remember everything that I've lost from the roof of my car, I do remember a favorite Zippo lighter I couldn't find on the home once and then it dawned on me what that loud clunk on the trunk must have been.

All is well, Reese's flies were tucked into another envelope as I suspected but missed last night.

The flies will be in the mail tomorrow (and on the 7th day even!)

Thanks everyone! I will work on posting the pics and let you know when they are up.

----

I don't have permission to access the Fly Swap Picture thread. I will ask Larry if it's OK and if so to allow the new swaps to be posted there.
wt bash and williamhj like this.

Last edited by dean_mt; 02-06-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
I was running a local swap and two guys were not going to be able to mail it and get it them in on time. So one of them picked up the others and about 2am the next morning dropped them off at my house while he was on his way out of town for a fishing trip. They told me they were gonna do this and to look for them on the hood of my car.

Well the next morning I got up, go in my car, and took off. I completely forgot about the flies until I turned off my street on to the main street and saw them slide across my hood and into the street.

One was in a altoids tin and was heavy enough that it carried into the gutter and was safe. The other was in a small plastic container that just landed in the middle of the road.

I immediately pulled over just in time to see a whole convoy of vehicles run over the plastic box. The few flies I could find were ruined.

I called the guy and asked him for a pattern telling him I would replace them and he just laughed because he was in a hurry and didn't feel good about those flies anyway and he would tie some more.

Our local forums rules are that the swap master has to ship within 7 days of the deadline so this guy busted his but and replaced his flies with some great woven nymphs that he was much happier entering and we all were happy to receive.

Some times life just shakes our plans up to see what will happen.
Good story, mudbug!

I'm tall, so I put a lot of stuff on the top of my car roof when I'm getting ready to get into the car. In my life I've seen such things as: Shoes, Books, Gloves, Ski Helmets and various Sailboat parts land in the street behind me as I take off. Fortunately, all of them have been recovered; although sometimes not in their original condition...................

Pocono
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM

Hey all, the pictures are online in the Fly Swap Pictures section. Take a look or wait till you get your sets, they were mailed today.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Hey all, the pictures are online in the Fly Swap Pictures section. Take a look or wait till you get your sets, they were mailed today.
Thanks John! Great work hosting the swap and getting all those gorgeous photos up on the Fly Swap Pictures section! Either you guys are all phenomenal tiers or John is a true artist with the camera, not sure which!