The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2013 Swap #1: Czech-style nymph

The Blue Light Special

Hook: #12 Czech Hook

Thread: 6/0 Black Danville

Ribbing: Small Copper Wire

Weight: 3 layers o adhesive sided lead tape. Cut in 2millimeter widths, each layer wrapped a bit shorter than the previous to give the tapered look. Burnish with your thumb nail then smooth out any hollow spots with your tying thread.

Shellback: Cinnamon Shrimp Foil.

Abdomen: Sorry I used dubbing with no name on it. It was basically a natural hares ear synthetic fibre with UV strands in it. I gut it up to make it more useable as the dubbing fibres were almost continuous.

Thorax: A mix of Stillwater Olive Dun (which is basically black with some white and yellow antron fibres and Hareline Ice Dub Steellie chopped up in short lengths. I mixed around 60% Olive Dun and 40% Blue.

Reason for some blue?

Blue is one of the best or better colours seen in water that lacks light penetration, either due to depth or turbidty or.....?

Wingcase: Black felt pen marked out the wingcase area..
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Thanks John! Great work hosting the swap and getting all those gorgeous photos up on the Fly Swap Pictures section! Either you guys are all phenomenal tiers or John is a true artist with the camera, not sure which!
Pictures are awesome !! Definitely makes them look better! Nice work John!
dean_mt likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

My flys came in the mail today! Wow they are better than the pictures! Great looking stuff I may have to wade through the snow to the stream tomorrow. Again Thank You everyone for an awesome swap and extra kudos for John/ dean mt for his exceptional job running it!
Kerry Pitt, dean_mt and williamhj like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Cool! I can't wait to them! Hopefully I'll see them before Wednesday and I'll be able to see if our lakers dig them.
williamhj likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Looking foward to recieving them,being further away mine will naturally take longer to arrive,only by about a week or so however I won't use them until later in The Year as our seasons are in reverse of The US,Canada & The UK.
Brian.
williamhj likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default 2013 Swap #1: Czech-style nymph

Got mine today--they look great! Thanks to everyone!

Cheers,
--Rob
Kerry Pitt, dean_mt and williamhj like this.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
My flys came in the mail today! Wow they are better than the pictures! Great looking stuff I may have to wade through the snow to the stream tomorrow. Again Thank You everyone for an awesome swap and extra kudos for John/ dean mt for his exceptional job running it!

What he said....
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

My first swap great great flies looking forward to putting them to use thanks to all
Old 02-13-2013, 07:08 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Man what am I chopped liver!?! Its all the brains at my local post office.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Been away from home for a few day and came home to some sweet flies. Thanks everyone!