The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default 2013 Swap #1: Czech-style nymph

I was going to wait till Jan. 1, 2013 to post the next swap but Pocono's dry fly swap is mailing out on Monday morning and since I've been laying around recovering from a bout with the holiday flu I'm bored!

Swap #1 of the New Year will be for Czech-style nymphs. Now you don't have to be a Czech nympher or need to know any special patterns to participate. What I am considering "Czech-style" are weighted nymphs in simple patterns. Two or three materials is all one needs to make effective nymphs. What we don't want here are PT's, Copper Johns, Princes, etc. Just simple, heavy fish-catching nymphs that we can hopefully use this winter/early spring.

DEADLINE is JANUARY 31, 2013.

Swap is open to 12 tyers (plus me!). Everyone ties 12 flies and gets 12 back.

Flies returned in container they are recieved in. SASE much appreciated, otherwise cash for return postage please. Please have a pattern chosen when signing up.

I will be contributing a green #12 tube body caddis larva.

Gittyup! And thanks for playing, John (aka dean)

1. dean_mt, #12 Electric Caddis Larva
2. sumojo, green Sledge Larva Nymph ---- RECEIVED
3. theboz, #12 S&D grub ---- RECEIVED
4. Liphookedau, ----RECEIVED
5. Kerry Pitt, Blue Light Special --- RECEIVED
6. wt_bash, #12 Walt's Worm ---- RECEIVED
7. ghocevar, "something real nice" ---RECEIVED
8. r reese, Razorback Variant ----- RECEIVED
9. mudbug --- RECEIVED
10. biggie robs, Caddis Nymph Pupa ala McPhail --- RECEIVED
11. williamhj, #14 Czech Nymph ---- RECEIVED
12. la_jolla1, Hotspot Czech Nymph --- RECEIVED
13. Kayo, olive Czech Nymph ---- RECEIVED
sumojo likes this.

Last edited by dean_mt; 02-06-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 AM

sumojo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2013 Swap #1: Czech-style nymph

put me down please
thanks Joseph Russell
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

John I'll tie the S & D Grub on a #12 . Looking foward to this one should be some cool patterns . Thanks for hosting!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

sumojo, you got it. Let me know what you plan to tie, please.

John-theboz, you're #3. (and I'm dying to know, is that you wrassling that tarpon?)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:02 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
sumojo, you got it. Let me know what you plan to tie, please.

John-theboz, you're #3. (and I'm dying to know, is that you wrassling that tarpon?)
Nope I'm better looking( I think? ) . That's a stock photo. To lift a tarpon out of the water in Florida like that you need a $50
Keep(kill) tag. No reason to keep one all my pics of poons are in the water or on video so since that doesn't make much of an avatar I put the stock photo up! Maybe this year I'll jump in the water with one and get a picture like that ( long as the hammerheads are sleeping) .
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Nope I'm better looking( I think? ) . That's a stock photo. To lift a tarpon out of the water in Florida like that you need a $50
Keep(kill) tag. No reason to keep one all my pics of poons are in the water or on video so since that doesn't make much of an avatar I put the stock photo up! Maybe this year I'll jump in the water with one and get a picture like that ( long as the hammerheads are sleeping) .
Well I love the pic. That is a monster fish! And I wonder who won that fight in the end...looks like those guys are about to go for a swim. High Side! High Side!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 AM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

I will be Tying a Green Sledge Larva Nymph

Last edited by sumojo; 12-30-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Ok, despite sayin i wasn't gonna do a lot of swaps this year, you can count me in. Pattern to be determined

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 12-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you're off to a flying start, John!

Good choice of fly type for this swap; I don't think we've ever had a weighted nymph swap before (I could be wrong on that).

You're right, they should be great for early season trout fishing.

Pocono
Old 12-30-2012, 08:58 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I'm in but I have no name for my pattern.......hmmm call it the Blue Light Special? LOL
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.