The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flys

NICE! I was going to do a test exactly like this, and will. My fly catching the big one isn't surprising. There are some people I'd like to thank before accepting the award.....
mcnerney, swirlchaser and baseman1 like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
NICE! I was going to do a test exactly like this, and will. My fly catching the big one isn't surprising. There are some people I'd like to thank before accepting the award.....
I love modest tier .
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a modesty award already, and have only myself to thank....LOL! Seriously, Swirlchaser's report deserves an award. That's great stuff.
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:40 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with JP rep points for the best review I've seen here on flys. I'd rather see a picture of a fly in the fishes mouth than one in the vise anyday! Thanks Marco for making it real ! Good job!

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Oh and not to make Franks head swell up any more but I used his Clouser to catch 3 of my Peacock Bass in Miami along with my Antron Beast and a Peacock look alike I tie . I'll post the pics when I have time. If I hah had the others I probably would have used them as well, Peacocks love having Clousers dropped on there heads!

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

And my son caught a Midas Cichlid on Larrys Foxes Clouser with out even moving it (dead sticking) !
swirlchaser, sumojo and baseman1 like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-10-2013, 03:48 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Well I am both happy and sad that my little child brought you momentary happiness with a toothy bugger. I'm happy as now I know they will take them and sad as you no longer have it. I will be trying for the big toothy this summer if I get a chance and will tie a much large version for that.
mcnerney and swirlchaser like this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 04-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Hi Boz,
Well.... If you only caught 4 Peacock Bass, then my head would explode. I hope you caught fifty.
theboz likes this.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
That's the best swap flies review ever posted here...have to give a rep
What he said!!

..........now you've got the rest of us heading for the water tomorrow.............!

Pocono
FrankB2, swirlchaser and baseman1 like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:28 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
What he said!!

..........now you've got the rest of us heading for the water tomorrow.............!

Pocono
Good! It's about time we started catching fish and stopped arguing over "pretty or ugly" fly rods! Lol
FrankB2 and theboz like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Good! It's about time we started catching fish and stopped arguing over "pretty or ugly" fly rods! Lol
2nd best post you've ever made!!!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Hi Boz,
Well.... If you only caught 4 Peacock Bass, then my head would explode. I hope you caught fifty.
61 to be exact and 8 assorted cichlids and tilapia plus a few LMs in the mix! Unfortunately my son caught 39 Peacocks ! Never going to live that down. His swollen head blows yours away! And I wwint get into the Redfish trip!
sumojo likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

I am absolutely speechless swirlchaser... I was not expecting to see that... what a fantastic report/field test.

Hey FrankB2... we're ready to see some Clouser-caught jack stripers and river smallies from the Big D there in SEPA!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring