The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:10 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #3 : Clouser Style Flys

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Good! It's about time we started catching fish and stopped arguing over "pretty or ugly" fly rods! Lol
Marco, you're absolutely right- just send me one of your wrapped rods and I promise never again to enter into a discussion of pretty or ugly fly rods. A 7'6" 2 wt. would be ideal......................thanks

Pocono
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Marco, you're absolutely right- just send me one of your wrapped rods and I promise never again to enter into a discussion of pretty or ugly fly rods. A 7'6" 2 wt. would be ideal......................thanks

Pocono
Not much room to work on a 2wt, but I'll see what I can do

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
I am absolutely speechless swirlchaser... I was not expecting to see that... what a fantastic report/field test.

Hey FrankB2... we're ready to see some Clouser-caught jack stripers and river smallies from the Big D there in SEPA!
Thanks Joe, fishing was on fire yesterday. the high temps from Tuesday plus a bad storm front coming in had EVERYTHING feeding all day and night. I went back out last night with a buddy for some spring Stripers, we had 5 between us. I got stuck on camera duty so no pics of my fish but here's his prize of the night.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I'm talking about!! Nice spring bass! I'm pumped!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
That's what I'm talking about!! Nice spring bass! I'm pumped!
Raritan Bay brother, it's on fire. You know we get the Spring and you guys get the fall...
Old 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do! But I've got a spring spot on my side of the ocean also! Heading there tomorrow night and let you know. That bass your buddy got is a chunk!!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

What kind of baitfish are you seeing, if any?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Yes you do! But I've got a spring spot on my side of the ocean also! Heading there tomorrow night and let you know. That bass your buddy got is a chunk!!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

What kind of baitfish are you seeing, if any?
We were using clams but we heard Bunker breaking all night long.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

My wife picked me up at work today and the first thing she said was I'll be happy when I get home. She was right. Those flies are awesome. Thanks guys.
mcnerney and swirlchaser like this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 04-20-2013, 06:48 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Well the rattle clouser has fallen victim to a muskie. I cast it out and as I was about to pick it up to cast boom it's gone with about 6 inches of tippet. I had no idea the big toothys had moved up to that part of the river yet.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
Well the rattle clouser has fallen victim to a muskie. I cast it out and as I was about to pick it up to cast boom it's gone with about 6 inches of tippet. I had no idea the big toothys had moved up to that part of the river yet.
See now, this is the best part of participating in fly swaps--knowing other folks are fishing your flies. Sorry you didn't land him, baseman, but glad you gathered some intel!

PS: I think pretty much every fish story should have a "boom" in it.
mcnerney and baseman1 like this.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM

I'd kept trying for him but I had no bit tippet with me. I am going to tie a much larger version to try and catch him and get my fly back.