The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Swap #4: Wet Flies; soft hackles, flymps, winged wets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
I received the flies today and can't WAIT to give them a try. I must say Larry, I have no idea how the postal system destroyed the case I shipped them to you in. I'm just glad they arrived intact and want to say that yours came to me with no problem.
I had forgot to mention that the little soap dish was completely distroyed, which really seemed strange to me also in that I have used a similar container that I think I received from Allan in a previous swap and it has worked flawlessly, but who knows what will happen once it enters into the USPS system.
Its great to hear that the flies are arriving, way before I thought they would.

Larry

Old 05-08-2013, 07:40 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I received my flies as well. Thank you Larry and all the tyers! This is a really fishy set of flies. I'll have no qualms doing my one whole day of fishing armed with nothing else but this set in my pocket. The hard part will be saving them all for that day.

Joe is up for the challenge, if anyone else is let's make new thread whoever goes first...a wet fly swap only fishing day with lots of photos.

Larry, did I get one of my flies back because we were short a tyer? You should have kept it as I have a half dozen spares littering my desk already. Thanks all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
mcnerney, stenacron and noreaster like this.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Flies arrived today and they look even BETTER in the hand than they do in the pictures... Can't wait to try 'em!
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I received my flies as well. Thank you Larry and all the tyers! This is a really fishy set of flies. I'll have no qualms doing my one whole day of fishing armed with nothing else but this set in my pocket. The hard part will be saving them all for that day.

Joe is up for the challenge, if anyone else is let's make new thread whoever goes first...a wet fly swap only fishing day with lots of photos.

Larry, did I get one of my flies back because we were short a tyer? You should have kept it as I have a half dozen spares littering my desk already. Thanks all!

That sound like some fun im down to fish all day with them awesome flies.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

John: Yes, we were down one person so I returned one of each tiers flies back. No big deal, I had as much fun as everyone else did and can't wait to get these flies in the water.

Larry

Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Got my flies today and as was said they are even better than the pictures ! Awesome! Must have better horses in Wyoming than Pa ! Thank you again Larry for running a really great swap! Guess I'll have to fish these now , tough descision!
mcnerney likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

I just received my flies , very nice ties, can't wait to get them wet. Thanks again Larry!!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
I just received my flies , very nice ties, can't wait to get them wet. Thanks again Larry!!
This sure is good news, the Wyoming Post Office is in high gear this week, at any rate it is good to hear the flies are arriving.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Flies arrived today!! Great news. They do look fishy. Amazing work folks.
I would love to see photos of them in action. I would be down for a new thread focusing on the results of them all. What worked for who, where, kinda thing.

Thanks for helping them get back to me safely Larry. I'll sure them up better next time.

cheers
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 PM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

Im going to be going to the Kern River June 24th ,25th, and the 26th and im going to bring these bad boy with me to try them out and i cant wait we are going up above the Johnsondale Bridge and hiking back in like four mile in the wild trout area i will take lots of pictures .
Thanks Joseph