The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2013 Swap #4: Wet Flies; soft hackles, flymps, winged wets.

due to the dry, chapped and cracked conditions of my fingers i am changing out my gray hackle peacock to a fly called 'sanctuary' from bergmans book.

it will save me a lot of floss that otherwise would be too frayed and look sh!++y.

i could substitute but i would rather stick to the preferred recipe.

sorry

norm

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytire View Post
due to the dry, chapped and cracked conditions of my fingers i am changing out my gray hackle peacock to a fly called 'sanctuary' from bergmans book.

it will save me a lot of floss that otherwise would be too frayed and look sh!++y.

i could substitute but i would rather stick to the preferred recipe.

sorry

norm
Norm: I have made the change, got you down for a Sanctuary!

Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

They are on the way.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear 007 View Post
They are on the way.
Thanks Bear!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Mine are done and will be in the mail by Tuesday so even old pigeons will get it to you in time. I do not post pictures prior to the swap end. Recipe will go up when flies are mailed out. I have named them the Carrot Variant as they were initially inspired by a fly called the Carrot.
Hardyreels, Pocono and mcnerney like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:15 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I"ll be tying some dabblers...

Addicted To Vise
Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 PM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

Well I needed some Olive colored feathers for my flies so I just did some feather dying today so I can get my flies tied up .
Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Ok so its more green then Olive .
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome flies, guys! I'm looking forward this exchange a lot.

Life has been getting in the way of leisure, and I've used most of that trying to finish off my rod...I'm close!

But I'm really looking forward to getting the vise back on my table soon. Good inspiration here!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Flies are done... just gotta look around the house and find something to put them in and they'll go out this week.
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the "definitive" version of the NAFFF wet...decided to use an olive ostrich herl for the body to make it more lively in the water....will mail the flies soon...and as I very seldom wets I've decided to offer the flies I should have got to CFR