The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:43 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2013 Swap #4: Wet Flies; soft hackles, flymps, winged wets.

flies are in the mail.

toe tags attached. i apologize if this causes any inconvenience.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

Last edited by flytire; 04-14-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
I have my BWO soft hackle emergers tied; I'll assemble some toe-tags and get them sent out. I used a few more materials than I normally would for one of my soft-hackles (or most any of my patterns) but I liked where the pattern was going and followed my heart.

Last edited by Greenwood; 04-14-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Picture didn't attach
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I followed a link from the email update I get and ended up looking at the flies on your photobucket page Greenwood. There is an orange and partridge fly on there that I had not seen before but it is the spitting image of what I am sending. I thought I had mutilated another pattern and named it but I will rename it to a Pheasant and orange. Wierd luck but I am glad I am not left looking so foolish. Thanks Greenwood and those are nice looking flies by the way!
Hardyreels likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Some nice Patterns I like tying Wets & Soft Hackles hopefully,maybe I'll be able to join in next round as I only returned home on Friday & knew I couldn't possibly meet The Deadline of this Swap.

Incidently the First Wet Fly Swap I went in I tied about 6 or 8 Patterns.
Most of the ones I didn't enter I sent to Larry for The Wyoming Casting For Recovery & have received some Very Nice Cards Letters a Nice Broach as well as A Sticker.
I am very happy I could help someone like The Women who have had These Life threatening Traumas mainly because a Former Workmate Lost his Wife Through The same Dreaded Disease & I know what he went through.
Brian
Hardyreels, mcnerney and sumojo like this.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

I'd forgotten that I had posted that picture of the Partridge and Orange until I attached this most recent set. I believe it was from a fly swap about 2 years ago. I fish a lot of soft hackles or some version of them and am often changing something depending on what materials I have on hand. The names are all pretty generic. I'm looking forward to getting the results of this swap back.
Hardyreels likes this.

Last edited by Greenwood; 04-15-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
I followed a link from the email update I get and ended up looking at the flies on your photobucket page Greenwood. There is an orange and partridge fly on there that I had not seen before but it is the spitting image of what I am sending. I thought I had mutilated another pattern and named it but I will rename it to a Pheasant and orange. Wierd luck but I am glad I am not left looking so foolish. Thanks Greenwood and those are nice looking flies by the way!
So you're sending a partridge & orange, Kerry?

I haven't started yet, busy around the ole homestead lately, but I'll get on it this week.

I am going to send a set of pheasant tail & partridge softies. It is a ubiquitous fly that fished well under many mayfly hatches and has saved my day more than once.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

My flies are done and about to go out just need to print my toe tags. Yee
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_jolla1 View Post
Mailed! Thanks for organizing
Hugh: Your gorgeous Teal and Silver wets arrived today! Thanks for your donation, they will be included with JP's and sent to the Wyoming CFR gals.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

One dozen Diving Caddis... toe-tagged, double-bagged, and in the mail Larry!

Thank you for pulling this one together.
mcnerney likes this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Joe
I hope you received The PM I sent.
Also your Caddis Pattern is A Beaut Fly.
Hopefully it will catch more Fish again in a couple of Months time.
Larry
I hope all The Recipes will be Posted as I'm keen to Tie many I've not seen before.
Thanks Guys.
Brian
stenacron likes this.