The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By theboz
  • 1 Post By dean_mt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blue Light Special Swap Fly of the Month!!

Had a busy day today met my buddy went in the boat for some Crappies to fill the freezer . We hammered them ! Got home before noon cleaned fish ( my way of paying for gas ) dropped the fillets over his house and headed to my grandsons ball game. Rained the whole game but was enjoyable just the same. Still coming down when I got home so decided to work on some tackle. Doing a grip on one of the rods I couldn't get it clean. Called Marco( Swirlchaser) gave me a way to get it like new ( thanks buddy) headed back to my fishing buddy's house to get it done .
All done and the rain stopped and only 5 pm what the heck I'll take my 5 wt and go to the lake near my house. So I get there and realize all I have is my SW fly box and my trout vest! What the heck I'm gonna use what I got and whatever happens at least I ended the day fishing.
Pull out the box with the Czech Nymph Swap flys and but on this blue fly.
Well the rest is history. Every cast was a fish and not just one kind but everything! Crappies galore , bluegills, pumpkinseeds , 3 stocker Rainbows , 1 big brown , a big stocker Brookie, 2 Largemouths a big Pickeral and as it got dark 2 nice Walleye and several more Crappie!
This is why I nominate Kerry Pitts Blue Light Special for Fly of The Month. Thanks Kerry great pattern real fish getter and I'm finally tired now thanks to your fly!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 05-18-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blue Light Special Swap Fly of the Month!!

That's great John!

And funny because I headed to the river this afternoon with low expectations of catching fish in the very high, very dirty water but I just had to get out. When I found some slow muddy water I opened my box with every intention of fishing a couple of the flies from that swap with this great day dream that I'd pull up a big brown and then show it to everyone in that swap. Well, on the first cast I let it sink into the abyss and promptly caught a pile of something under all that muddy water and lost two flies! Plus I realized I left my camera. No worries, I did catch anything - did hook and long release a whitey though! - but had a great time in the rain and sun swinging a streamer for a couple hours.

I should have tried the Blue Light Special! I've actually thought about starting a thread for "fish caught on swap flies" especially after seeing the post that I think it was swirlchaser made for their clouser swap.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

O yeah ... I forgot to let you know since you were out fishing and having fun all day that your Mets lost today, make that 2 outta 3 to the Cubs.
theboz likes this.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Nice to hear it worked for you! The blue I incorporated into it is supposed to be more visible than any other colour during murky or tea stained water conditions. I don't get to fish for most of the species you caught, nice to know and thank you for your kind words.....Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Great to hear feedback from flies from one of the swaps. Kudos to Kerry for the fly that just keeps on working!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM

sumojo will become famous soon enough

That's great you out there getting some major hook ups well done .
im going to be heading to the Kern River soon and will be bringing them with me as well to try them out .