The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default what is the current situation with swaps?

The small swap with Kerry got me to thinking its perhaps time to kick mass swaps into action again.

I just ordered some materials to tie Sweeney Todd Spey style flies.

so if anyone is interested in swapping spey flies, i'm all ears.
Couple proviso's -
tied on a spey style hook or salmon iron, singles i suppose since most USA waters permit only single hooks - think Daiichi AJ, Blue Heron, Bob Veverka style hooks, along those lines.
Featherwing, Hairwing, Mallard wing - whatever you prefer
A well established spey style pattern.

Thoughts?? anyone want in??

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 07-24-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is the current situation with swaps?

Don't know how to tie that style of flies but 'Sweeney Todd' sounds like a great type of fly! Comments like 'a killer pattern' and 'a cutthroat fly' come to mind. I look forward to pictures!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

per the video, thats the fly i'm tying.

But, after posting this idea on three boards the last couple days and getting no takers, i guess i'm resigned to swap flies with myself.

I'l pay postage

E

Addicted To Vise
Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help Eunan, I was looking forward to pictures from the swap. Enjoyed the Sweeney Todd reference though.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Ohhhhhhhhhhh FLY swaps!

I thought this was about....nevermind

My bad. Carry on

Last edited by brookfieldangler; 07-24-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Had to remove wife's stats
Old 07-24-2013, 04:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey Eunan,

In the late spring Larry and Ard brought up the discussion of suspending swaps during the summer fishing season. It got a little testy but in the end I believe that most of the folks that actually have been regular participants agreed that waiting till everyone had more down time was the best idea.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Hey Eunan,

In the late spring Larry and Ard brought up the discussion of suspending swaps during the summer fishing season. It got a little testy but in the end I believe that most of the folks that actually have been regular participants agreed that waiting till everyone had more down time was the best idea.
Yup, that's my recall, too.

Should be some swapping action starting up again soon.

Pocono
Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Let me get with Ard and get this organized.

Larry

Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

It's streamer season; maybe we should make the first one for Streamers..........

Sort of in line with Eunan's original post...........

Pocono
theboz likes this.