The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foam Flies 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroostookbasser View Post
Can we try for this later in year after wetfly swap is over?

Right on! Got to the pond for an hour today and used my Gartside Gurgler in Olive and was catching every cast. I was using a 4wt with WET CELL II line and about a 4' leader. Cast, count to 20 and start stripping real slow with long and short strips....I LOVE THIS FLY!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I am in for the foam flys if we do it.. I tie a great foam spider with peacock that I know catches fish for sure. so count me in later and dibs on the siize 12 hi vis foam spider in black and peacock!!!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

cool......no problem. We'll even let Joni swapmeister!

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys......lets consider having another swap. Combining dual themes, Foam and terrestrials. ??????

I have 12 jassids waiting....... any takers? Joni??? Are you up to another one for lets say 5/1 deadline.

North Woods Wanderings

Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great, but I have to decline. It is getting into Guiding season (in fact it is already here) and I am busy tying for clients now. Sorry.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:00 AM

Cliff? Frank? ......... can we get another swap?

North Woods Wanderings

Old 04-01-2008, 04:40 PM

I Am In With The Gartside Gurgler!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

6 done here of my foam hi-vis spider with peacock underbody! they are looking good! I have confidence in this fly. its prolly my favorite to use when I am out there.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM

I am off tomorrow with nothing to do. just listening to music , drinkn some beers and am up to 9 already! spiders that is... I will catch up in beers tho. haha. whos the swapmeister??? lets get these details down.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Beers or flies?