The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default It's Fly Swapping Time Again !

Hello Everyone,

As many know, we stopped the fly swaps in the spring so that everyone could quit worrying about deadlines and go fishing. Now for some the season is passing due to regulations or weather and you'll have plenty of excess tying energy to burn off

SO................. You Swap Masters out there, if you want to keep hosting the swaps let me know. If you want a break I'll round up some new talent and away we'll go.

Let's try to get some feed back to either Larry or I before October 1'st and make that the start of the swapping season.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-17-2013, 02:35 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's Fly Swapping Time Again !

I'm ready!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm totally in! I need the excuse to get back into the swing of things with tying!
theboz likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-18-2013, 01:30 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

AJ good to see you back! Thought you dropped off the face of the earth! Oh that's right you got married! Just kidding ! Glad your on!!
stl_geoff likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-18-2013, 05:39 AM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

I would do it again. would love a mini streamer swap, say for 3 weights or below.
s fontinalis likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 AM

skinnytrucker is on a distinguished road

Can someone please explain to me what this is?? I'm new here
Old 09-18-2013, 07:58 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Twelve people sign up for the swap. It has a theme like trout dries or rabbit strip streamers or whatever. Each person ties a dozen of the pattern they choose in the theme and mails them to one person who sends each person one of each fly back.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:11 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I'm totally in! I need the excuse to get back into the swing of things with tying!
This guy!

Welcome back....

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Thanks for the re-welcome guys! What about a migratory salmonid streamer swap, ranging from classic speys to zonker strips to intruders and such? I have been binging on tying flies for swinging for lake run fish and would love an excuse to share.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

He blames his ipad for not being on the forum :P

I need some good vibes from a swap...so I'll probably jump back in on them as well.

Storm Drain Bonefisher