The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

I made the mistake of trusting our shipping dept here at work to ship these on Wed and last night found out they hadn't been shipped yet. So I stuck them in the mail this morning with 2 day shipping so you should see them on Monday.

Sorry about that, it seems the package just got pushed behind some stuff and they didn't see it.

I didn't take a picture of the bunch, but I have a few more that got culled, I take a pic of one of those tonight and post it with a recipe.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

That's OK, mudbug. Monday will be fine.

Looking forward to the pic(s)!

Pocono

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

brookfieldangler, your Shrimp Sculpin pattern flies showed up in today's mail. Very nice!

Pocono
Old 11-01-2013, 02:07 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Excllent! Way to go USPS!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:23 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Bendback Minnow - Generic (Not knowing what people might use this for I tried to make it generic colors.)

These things are now my first choice for warmwater fishing. I've caught Bass, Speckled trout (sea Trout), Triggers, Jacks, Rockbass, etc. They are almost snag proof as I said earlier in this thread.

Hook - Orvis 8810 1/0 (same as a Diachi 2720 and a Mustad 37187)
Thread - Danville 210 denier in white and olive
Body - Pearl Diamond Braid
Wing - Buck Tail in White Chartreuse, and Olive
Eyes - I think these are 2.5mm
Head = On these I used Clear Cure Goo topped with SHHAN, but I have also used epoxy or Liquid Fusion.

Bend the hook like this.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Pocono, mcnerney, baseman1 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by mudbug; 11-09-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Sorry for the delay, but my Hotcore Baitfish will go out tomorrow morning.

"Guide-quality" being the key word, they should all look something like this...

Click the image to open in full size.[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 11-02-2013, 04:05 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

mudbug, those bendbacks look good! I like the horizontal wing with the bendback body. Thanks for the recipe.

Rob, that timing is OK. Nice pattern. I'll bet it gets into a pretty realistic shape when stripped through the water.

Pocono
Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 AM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice

Pocono, yeah they do. The synthetic material is awfully puffy when dry.

I use them in warmwater around here as a baby bream pattern targeting bass.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM

Eunan's Black Ghost pattern flies are in. I'm not sure whether I'll fish mine or frame it! Great ties, as usual, Eunan.

Pocono

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Whoops, and Chase's Bunny Muddlers are here, too! They look like they'll really do the trick on good sized trout. Nice ties.

Pocono
Old 11-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
mudbug, those bendbacks look good! I like the horizontal wing with the bendback body. Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks

I just added a picture that shows how to bend the hook and why I like these hooks for this use. Heck, they are almost made for this use. The stinger style hook point lines up with the bend and the are not brittle wire that is in danger of breaking.
Pocono likes this.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:24 PM

And gatortransplant, your no name streamers are here, too! They look even better in person than they did in the pic you posted.

I'm going to take a shot at naming your pattern for you: how about the "Trout Assassin"? I think it may turn out to be just that. Nice pattern.

That's 9 sets in and 3 to go.

I'll need them all in by early next week because I leave on a Bonefishing trip on the 10th, returning on the 20th. If they're in by mid-week, I'll get them turned around and mailed back out to each of you before I leave.

Pocono