The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 04:39 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
lol I want to see that...
A PIC of Ard's fly in a salmon fillet at an Iowa grocery store? Is this a double dog dare?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:52 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I see your double dog dare and raise you a triple flip dare.
ia_trouter likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
I see your double dog dare and raise you a triple flip dare.
If Craig will post a PIC of the two (not one, but two) of his deadly orange scuds he is giving me, a PIC of Ard's fly catching an Iowa grocery store salmon fillet will soon follow. I love this forum lol
Old 01-09-2014, 08:07 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
If Craig will post a PIC of the two (not one, but two) of his deadly orange scuds he is giving me, a PIC of Ard's fly catching an Iowa grocery store salmon fillet will soon follow. I love this forum lol
You mean the dead scud and the swimming scud.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll give ya all the flies in the fly box for that picture.
mcnerney, baseman1 and ia_trouter like this.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 PM

LOL, only one grocery store in my little town and I need to stay on good terms. Salmon fillets will be landed near me tomorrow. Yeah I know that's kinda weak.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
LOL, only one grocery store in my little town and I need to stay on good terms. Salmon fillets will be landed near me tomorrow. Yeah I know that's kinda weak.
You get the picture in the store with the clerk laughing in the background I'll include the fly box.
ia_trouter likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Now we know why they lock up the salmon and other seafood in a display case lol.

On a more serious note Craig. Half the streamers in this swap look extremely versatile. Trout, smallies and LM bass etc. Leech patterns, muddlers and such. We'll have to tie some of them up in several sizes.
Pocono, mcnerney and craigthor like this.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 01-10-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is anyone still reading this thread???

My swap #1 streamers are here, my streamers are here already lol. I like them a lot. Not to pick favorites but there is a Slumpbuster and some Muddlers in the mix I will be trying to copy very soon as they look very bassy. Sorry, my local trout are kinda small
Glad you finally got your flies there, Dewayne.

Took a little while for sure, but look at it this way...................you've probably set the record for longest wait for flies from a swap. Who knows, you may be in the Guinness record book next year............. That's worth something...........!!

Where is that pick of Ard's fly in the mouth of that grocery store salmon.................?

Pocono
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Glad you finally got your flies there, Dewayne.

Took a little while for sure, but look at it this way...................you've probably set the record for longest wait for flies from a swap. Who knows, you may be in the Guinness record book next year............. That's worth something...........!!

Where is that pick of Ard's fly in the mouth of that grocery store salmon.................?

Pocono
In addition to being locked up in a display case, the salmon fillets had no mouths. Imagine that, they're fillets. See what happens when I have a few beers and shoot my mouth off on the internet lol. No free magic orange Craig scuds for me.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know..............salmon can sometimes swallow the fly.............no telling where you might find a Light Spruce Fly on one of those fish..............better have a closer look at those fillets (chuckle).

Pocono