The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:04 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Has anyone won the opportunity to name my fly yet by catching the first fish with it?

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Not yet but I did give it a shot!
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Mine arrived a bit late and it bounces off the ice. Need a little tungsten or perhaps some patience on my part.
Hardyreels and baseman1 like this.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Trouter I am in the same box with about 6' of frozen water on top of the river but there are some pet stores around with big fish. Hmm maybe I should sneak in at night and have a fishing session.
ia_trouter and craigthor like this.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Did you say 6 feet of ice? If so, I will stop whining now.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Yeah but that is a pretty thin ice layer this winter. We normally can drive on the ice.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
Has anyone won the opportunity to name my fly yet by catching the first fish with it?
The fly shall be dubbed "mega chub slayer"

Had 2 chubs right around 9 to 10 inches nail it. Had a third fish on, decent rainbow, pop the tippet about 10 feet from the bank.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and Eunans fly got 3 hits that I just couldn't get to stick. Not sure what the deal was but I've definitely began to see the effectiveness of these streamer styles!
mcnerney and baseman1 like this.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 AM

Thus shall it be named.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 PM

I only kid....

Actually connected with 6 decent rainbows. The chub part was true, though... 2 of them took it too.

I'll think on a cool name for it.

Click the image to open in full size.
baseman1 and ia_trouter like this.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 PM

Some nice to see one of my flies in a fishes mouth. Opening day is one month from today.