The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Pocono

I'm going to tie up some of John Barr's Slump Busters, that pattern has been really producing for me this season.

Larry
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

I'll be whipping up a weightless sculpin pattern for this one. Throw on a sinktip of your choice or even a bit of weight on the leader
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me, brookfieldangler! I made the change on the sign-up post.

Pocono
Old 10-13-2013, 09:20 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Mine is gonna be a bendback. I've really learned to love these things in the past few months.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, mudbug. I like the up-hook patterns when I'm fishing low in the water column; fewer snags and a camouflaged hook.

Pocono
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Finally back from back to back work trips and had a little bit of time to sit behind the vise.

I have two slight changes to make to the final pattern but overall I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Changes include longer head and more prominent gills

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Streamers are in the mail.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Done and in Priority Mail Monday morning, they'll be to you by Friday Allan,

Click the image to open in full size.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Brookfieldangler, that looks like it will catch fish; great looking thorax/body!

John, thanks, I'll be looking for them.

Ard, it's been a long time since I've fished a Spruce pattern; I'm looking forward to it; they look great!

Pocono
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Pretty no frills Allan but when swung through some riffles they are good as anything. The secret is You just tie one on and fish it until they take it

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;