The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Here we go; the first swap of the 2013-14 season.

This one will be streamers. No limits on the type of streamer, other then to say that this is for fresh water species, or species that return to fresh water to spawn.

So, anything from your basic Woolly Bugger to your fully dressed Atlantic Salmon Fly will do just fine; hackled, winged (hair and/or feathers), spun, etc. No size limits, so as small as you want to as large as you want.

We'll kick this one off on October 1st and finish it up, with all flies due in, by November 1st. Limit of 12 tyers, since some streamer patterns are challenging to tie and require more time. Everyone ties up 12 of the same flies, sends them to me and I'll return one each of all the different patterns back to you, plus you'll get your own back so that you'll have a compete set.

It's been awhile since we tied streamers, this should be fun!

1. Ard / Hardyreels - Light Spruce - RECEIVED
2. baseman1 - featherwing - RECEIVED
3. s. fontinalis - Black Ghost - RECEIVED
4. ia trouter - Woolly Bugger - RECEIVED
5. brookfieldangler - Simple Sculpin - RECEIVED
6. gatortransplant - No Name streamer - RECEIVED
7. theboz - Black Beauty Dace - RECEIVED
8. Pocono - Kennebago Smelt - RECEIVED
9. mcnerney - Barr's Slumpbuster - RECEIVED
10. biggie robs - Hot Core Baitfish - RECEIVED
11. chased - Bunny Muddler - RECEIVED
12. mudbug - Bendback streamer - RECEIVED

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 11-08-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

I'm on at #1 Allan, thinking I'll tie Light Spruce, a good looking fly that catches well.

Ard
baseman1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I would like to join in and will be doing a fly of my own creation in a size 8. I haven't named it yet as I haven't been able to fish with it but should be a good one. It is a feather winged fly with a stacked teal and pink wing.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Sounds good, feather wings are good fish catchers in almost any color combo.
baseman1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I'm in to. Pattern yet to be decided. But likely a Stevens fly.
Hardyreels, Pocono and baseman1 like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Carrie's streamers just plain work!

Welcome Ard, baseman1 and Eunan!

Pocono
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:09 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

As a one of the forums newest noobs, If you will allow I would like to sign up for a basic Woolly. I'll fancy it up with some quality materials but it will not be a very complex tie. I have only been tying them for about an hour but early returns indicate I can tie something that looks pretty professional and should catch fish. I will make sure they hold up in the water as I won't participate if I can't contribute something worthy.
Hardyreels and baseman1 like this.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:15 AM

You're in ia trouter! Every streamer swap needs a Woolly Bugger, so that slot's yours. Good luck!

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 09-29-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:19 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

I'm in. Not sure with what yet.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:50 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm in! I'll work up a pattern.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...