The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 01:44 PM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

I just got my set, really nice job guys, thanks again Allan.
Pocono likes this.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:09 PM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about

Got mine in today. Great ties guys!! I really enjoyed my first swap on the forum. As a token of my appreciation I am going to dedicate my Thanksgiving weekend fishing trip to everyone in the swap. During all my daylight fishing during that trip I am going to fish nothing but everyones flies from this swap! I will post pictures of the beauties y'all catch me

Thanks guys!
Carlton
Pocono, baseman1 and bear 007 like this.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:05 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, Carlton! Good luck and we'll be looking for those pics!

Pocono
baseman1 likes this.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:25 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Awesome work everyone. Thanks for hosting the swap Pocono!
Pocono likes this.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I received Eunan's donated streamers today from the swap, just wanted to say THANK YOU! The flies will be going to next year's Casting for Recovery flies as requested, much appreciated.

Larry
Pocono, baseman1, bear 007 and 1 others like this.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Flies have arrived and boys o boys I can't wait to fish them next spring/summer. They are beauties folks.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Allan.
Flies arrived OK.
Thanks Allan for running The Swap.

Secondly Thanks Guys for some Nice Flies.
Brian
Pocono and baseman1 like this.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:36 PM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about

Well guys, I am sad to say I blanked with everyone's streamers (including mine) this past weekend We had some family come visit while we were camped and didn't get to fish as much as we wanted, but we really enjoyed hanging out with my brother and his fiancee as we don't get to spend much time with them.

We were finally able to sneak out on the water for a couple hours on Sunday though. After swinging and drifting my swap flies for about an hour, and not seeing any signs of feeding, I made my way upriver to the hole Kristen was on. When I made it to her, and entered the water, I noticed a midge hatch starting as the surface film was loaded with pupa hanging in the film and emerging from their shuck. Since she had not had any bites either, I slapped her on a #20 zebra midge in matching color and continued fishing my streamers. About 5 minutes later I hear "FISH ON!" from her direction so I headed that way to net it. As soon as I netted it, my only thought was "WOW what a beautiful fish!!" We didn't measure it but my net opening is 22". She got the first (and only) fish of the day so she was thrilled that she finally out fished me shhhhh...don't tell her I was happier than she was

Even though I didn't catch any, I am actually happy with myself for sticking to fishing my new streamers. There were a few times I almost broke down and put on a midge. However, since I fished all of them I was able to pick up small nuances of each fly that will come in handy later.

Here are a few pics Kristen & her beautiful rainbow

Working her hole
Click the image to open in full size.

Check out these colors!!

Thanks again guys for all the flies!

Carlton
Hardyreels, Pocono and baseman1 like this.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Ghocevar's white bugger hanging out of this guy's mouth.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Very cool! Like a small salmon, good job.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;